Diana
Rockstar December 2019

Wedding Vows

Diana, on June 23, 2019 at 5:57 PM

Posted in Wedding Ceremony 41

So I decided to write my own, well because I want to do something this go around. My question is to you how long will or did it take you to say your vows that you wrote. It take me about 6 minutes saying them slowly because I’m having my MIL to interpret them via sign language.
So I decided to write my own, well because I want to do something this go around. My question is to you how long will or did it take you to say your vows that you wrote.
It take me about 6 minutes saying them slowly because I’m having my MIL to interpret them via sign language.

41 Comments

• Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!!
  • Tina
    Super August 2019
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What do you have so far?

• Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    Today with our family and friends. We come together as two different individuals, and join as one team. I chose today not to say the traditional vows. Mainly because well, because I can!! Our life together began, On June 20th, 2016. It was near the loading dock at Duke Hospital, you were wearing you tan pants, work boots, wearing a god awful orange vest with SEC written on the back, dirt on your hands and clothes. I thought to my self “Who is the dirty fool staring at me”. I on the other hand was wearing my beautiful Duke Life Flight jumpsuit washing what you called the “Blue Buses”. (Who know at that moment we would be standing here today). This meeting has also become our “Little inside joke”.You asked for my phone number and I gave you the same story I give everyone, 4,3, 0. As usual I get the weird look. Four is the number of children I have at home, Three is the number of jobs I works to support them, no I don’t need nor want your money, and zero is the number of times your going to call back, Do you want my real phone number now?? Without missing a beat you said yes!! So I gave you my real number (which I typed into your phone and dialed it so I could also have your real number. We went to Mellow Mushroom where we had our somewhat 1st unofficial date. You told me straight up that you were divorced, living with your mother and brother, also not looking for a relationship but rather than a friendship. After a few weeks of texting and talking on the phone until the wee hours, or just stopping in the hallways and chatting a bit.You ask me on our 1st date. Of course I said YES!!! On September 18th, 2016, you told me that night you wanted more from our friendship, you had asked me to be you girlfriend. Which we took slow to know each other better. During our relationship we had some ups and downs. Hey what relationship is perfect?? There was even a time in our relationship I did not think we would even make it. But as we say in the medical field….If you life has no ups and downs, it means you’re dead. Sitting in church with you, I noticed everyone stood up together and sat together. Well I can honestly say we do the same for each other. We rise and we fall together. We made not only a decision but a promise to not give up on each other. Since that day we have very worked hard each and every day to work on our relationship but also ourselves. So today I make some promises to you!!!
    1) I promise to keep fighting for us.2) I promise we will have a disagreements. But with those disagreements we will find compromise.3) I promise I will get mad at you for some of the stupid and silly stuff you do. None the less I will always love you!!!! 4) I promise to stick by you through the tough times. We have already shown each other already with some tough issues already and we have stood by each other though these.5) I promise to tell you the truth even when it’s hard or scary.6) I promise to love and support you when you need it, and lovingly push and encourage you when you need it.7) I promise to remain faithful to you and only you.8) I promise to love and accept EVERY side of you and all of your moods, emotions and insecurities.9) I promise to support your career, hobbies, passions, and anything else (within reason) that makes you happy.10) I promise to keep having our “Date-Night” with you no matter how busy or stressful our life is or becomes.11) I promise I will make mistakes. But I promise to always do my best and to promptly acknowledge when I have messed up and ask for forgiveness.12) I promise to face difficult conversations without threat, accusations or defensiveness. 13) I promise to take care of you rather you healthy of or you’re sick. Our health and well-being has and always will be our first priority. 14) I promise to keep asking for three food choices, sorry but, somethings won’t change.15) I promise to stand by you until our dying breath.
    I know I gave you a list of promises some I will fail to uphold at times, but I will promise to keep them as much as humanly possibly.
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I totally agree! I mean you don't want to ramble on for like 15 minutes hahaha, but I think the rules that they have to be 2 minutes max are annoying and not true for everyone. Our vows took probably about 3-4 minutes each to read which most people would deem "too long" but you would not believe how many of our guests came to us at the reception saying how wonderful our ceremony was and that the best part was our self-written vows! I love listening to self-written vows too honestly, they make it so personal and so obvious how in love the couple is, which is what the wedding is all about anyway Smiley smile

• Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s what I was thinking it’s Sutton be about us.
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    Supposed to be about us, not Sutton. 🤦🏻‍♀️
  • Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I anticipate mine only taking 1-2 minutes but it's only a couple of short paragraphs.

• Shannon
    Expert June 2021
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    We’ll be writing our own vows, but we’re not close to doing that yet. I think we will try to keep them to 5 minutes or less each.
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    Awesome!! I think the reason why mine is taking longer to say them is because I’m having to sign them.
  • Sherry
    VIP September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

We are also writing our own but aren't to the point of practicing yet. We are trying to keep the entire ceremony pretty short though, around 20 minutes so if I had to guess, probably 2-3 minutes each for the vows.

• Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know most people I’ve talked to said their doing a lot more at their wedding than we are. We’re not doing a unity candles or solo singing either.
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    We also ran through our entire wedding including my long vows and it was still under 25 minutes.
  • Carol
    Dedicated May 2020
    Carol ·
    • Flag

This is your day....don't rush....its all about you two.

• Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awwww 🥰 thank you so much!!!
  • Balkisa
    Balkisa ·
    • Flag

Hello Daina how are you?

If you need help with wedding Vows message me as i help people who cant find the words or are struggling writing their vows . I'd book a call with you and we'd go over how to make your vow perfect

• Balkisa
    Balkisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hello how are you?

If you need help with wedding Vows message me as i help people who cant find the words or are struggling writing their vows . I'd book a call with you and we'd go over how to make your vow perfect

• Samantha
    Expert October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

It's awesome that you're having an interpreter. We'd like to translate our ceremony into Spanish for my FH's family.

• Sherry
    VIP September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks but we're good with doing our own.
  • Diana
    Rockstar December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My FBIL is deaf and he’s also my FH Best Man. We wanted to make sure he could be a part
    of our ceremony as well. I have actually shortened my vows down quite a bit. My FMIL will be interpreting it via sign language. She’s has interpreted meeting for hours on hours so she said our wedding is a walk in the park.
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s so thoughtful!

Comment on this discussion