Izabella
Just Said Yes March 2021

Wedding timeline start time

Izabella, on January 18, 2020 at 10:47 AM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved
My wedding is going to be October 24, 2020 in Florida! And I have no idea when to start the ceremony we want to do pictures around the sunset time anyone have any suggestions???

6 Comments

Latest activity by Meghan, on January 18, 2020 at 12:06 PM
  • MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Google "sunset time on October 24, 2020, in wherever, FL." It will give you the time. For daughter's January wedding, sunset was 5:15 where we live, based on her venue and photographer's input, the ceremony began at 3:30, ended at 4, cocktail hour till 5, bridal party announced into the reception at 5:15. The light was perfect for all their photos.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    Look up the sunset time in your area and start the ceremony an hour and a half before.
  • Becca
    Devoted October 2019
    Becca ·
    • Flag
    My wedding was Oct. 26th in the panhandle of Fl. The sun for me set at 6:02. So we had the ceremony at 5. Well I think we actually started about 5:10ish. Our Ceremony was about a 15 mins. Got a few guest group photos and family. We had couple pictures around 5:40 or a little later. The sun peaked out for a beautiful sunset when we started taking our couple pictures. Which we were so thankful for.

Are you from Florida or are you doing a destination wedding? Is your photographer from the area? They could provide some guidance on a “fall” sunset timeline.
    I hope this helps. Good luck with the rest of your wedding planning. Happy wedding days! It will go by so quickly!
  • Izabella
    Just Said Yes March 2021
    Izabella ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes we are from central Florida! And thank you I will see what my photographer has to say!
  • Izabella
    Just Said Yes March 2021
    Izabella ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I googled it and it said sunset is at 6:49 pm so we should start about 5-5:30?

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I got married October 5, 2019 and I too am on the east coast. We started our ceremony at 5:30. We started pictures at 4:00 and also did photos after the ceremony while our guests were at cocktail hour.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics