Miriam
Beginner October 2020

Wedding themes

Miriam, on June 30, 2020 at 4:20 PM Posted in Style and Décor 1 25
Saved
How do y’all come up with the theme for your wedding? I’m finding it super hard to stick to something. Especially just one color palette. I like neutrals and I kinda want an earthy theme. Show me your themes

25 Comments

Latest activity by Kiara, on September 10, 2020 at 10:34 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I chose mint and blush pink.

one thing some of my friends do, is they choose one color and their spouse chooses another and they see if that blends well.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Our theme was "wedding." Themes are super unnecessary and oftentimes end up with a wedding that looks like a child's birthday party.

• Miriam
    Beginner October 2020
    Miriam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Agreed, I don’t want it to look tacky
  • Miriam
    Beginner October 2020
    Miriam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Those are beautiful colors!
  • Stacey
    Super May 2021
    Stacey ·
    • Flag

You don't need a theme Smiley smile One less thing on your list to worry about! Honestly, I have found that people who have themes have them because it is something they've been super passionate about for a long time (i.e. an English tea party, Disney, etc.). If you find yourself struggling to think of one, to me that's a sign you don't need one.

• Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I just went with fall colors. I thought Burgundy and peach looked beautiful.

• Jillian
    Beginner September 2020
    Jillian ·
    • Flag
    I don’t have a theme so much as a vibe that I’m going for. My favorite color is blush pink and it’s a summer wedding so our colors are blush and midnight blue (which is a little bit darker than navy). Next we picked the venue, we kind of just looked at different places we liked without a theme in mind and once we picked the venue and the colors we just kinda ran with it. It’s gonna end up being a summery formal romantic garden kinda vibe. Honestly just start small and pick things you like and it will all start to come together. You got this! ❤️
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    We didn't really officially pick a theme, though when purchasing decorations and things for our reception, we've been buying a lot of forest-y things. We both like hiking and camping and nature, so we sort of adopted the forest theme. But we also have a lot of things that don't fit the theme. We've focused more on finding decorations that we like, as opposed to things that all fit a defined theme.
  • Allie
    VIP November 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag
    We don’t necessarily have a theme. Our colors are burgundy and blush, and we have some Disney decor and items incorporated because I’m a HUGE Disney fan. We are working on figuring out some things we can add to represent my fiancé the same way. Ultimately we just want both of our personalities to come through, so no specific theme.
  • Miriam
    Beginner October 2020
    Miriam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree, love it when weddings are filled with personality
  • Miriam
    Beginner October 2020
    Miriam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Totally! I’m buying things I could use as home decor (may or may not already be using them as home decor lol)
  • Miriam
    Beginner October 2020
    Miriam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds beautiful!
  • Miriam
    Beginner October 2020
    Miriam ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah! I’m a person that changes styles so often lol so I don’t think I could stick to a theme
  • Monique
    Master December 2019
    Monique ·
    • Flag
    We chose Disney Christmas as our theme for our December wedding. Christmas is my favorite time of year and our venue decorates for it. We added Disney in because it is something my husband and I both love. We were engaged there. If done correctly themes can be implemented in a very nice way.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

A whole theme isn't necessary. Once you get a color going, you can kind of play off of that. We've changed our color scheme about 3 or 4 times lol. Then we ended up on a marble theme cause I fell in love with these invites. We will still keep part of our previous color scheme with pops of wine and navy blue with silver linings throughout.

Wedding themes 1

Wedding themes 2

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

We didn't have a "theme" but I stuck to our color palette pretty easily... it was actually I think the only thing I didn't change my mind on a billion times hahaha. I had always wanted a beach wedding (like, since I was a kid) and had visualized using aqua/turquoise as the main color which would be perfect for the beach. Of course, we didn't actually end up having that beach wedding for a lot of reasons lol, but I kept the color because I almost felt like I owed it to my 10-year-old-self to keep something about my original wedding vision in tact hahaha.

We chose light pink to compliment it just by looking at pinterest and we felt like that was a good complimentary color. And our venue already had a lot of gold in it (their decor, the chargers, the chairs, etc) so that just fit right in.

Wedding themes 3

Wedding themes 4

Wedding themes 5

Wedding themes 6

• Jana
    Master October 2022
    Jana ·
    • Flag
    Most people use colors they like or a season. A theme keeps things from looking like they were thrown together randomly. It can be as elaborate as all things fall if you're marrying in autumn or just a color combo to tie everything together. Take a look at Pinterest and see what catches your eye.
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We've been doing the same thing!! I didn't want to spend a bunch of money for things I was going to use once, and then either have to store them in a closet somewhere and forget about them, or find a way to sell/donate them. Most of our decorations, we have a plan for reusing them somewhere in our house or garden. That's awesome that you are able to use your decorations already!
  • Chelsea G
    Devoted June 2021
    Chelsea G ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think we have a theme per say. My main focus is my flowers which is sunflowers and eucalyptus and colors (sage green, yellow, ivory, gold). I am going for a rustic yet romantic vibe with lots of candles.

I always loved baseball as a theme for our wedding because its what we first connected over but when actually planning it was more based off flowers and colors.
  • mrswinteriscoming
    Rockstar December 2021
    mrswinteriscoming ·
    • Flag

Our venue is an opulent Victorian-era ballroom that is quite decorative and ornate in itself. Because the ballroom is already so lavishly decorated, I didn't want our decor to be too over the top but I also wanted to compliment the space.

Ended up deciding on our colour theme of burgundy and blush with shades of green so we could bring some warmth to the space that otherwise doesn't compete with the venue itself. Our florals will be atop gold candelabra sticks and we will have some lovely dark brown bentwood chairs to soften things up (although still debating if we go with white bentwoods...)

Wedding themes 7

Wedding themes 8

Wedding themes 9

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics