We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Jennifer
Beginner October 2020

Wedding Stress

Jennifer, on January 28, 2020 at 11:43 PM Posted in Planning 1 18
Saved Save
Hey ladies!
Any of y’all super stressed like me? I keep having the same dream (more like nightmare) over and over; it’s the day before the wedding and we forgot something major (like to order the cake or buy a tux) each time it’s something different.

How are y’all dealing with your stress?

18 Comments

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    Hi Jennifer,
    Congratulations, I'm getting married Feb. 14 2021, I stress everyday that I'll forget something even though I check my wedding planner constantly, my fear is that I'm going to hate my dress come wedding day! I can't help it! I've had the dress for 5 months, I'll have alterations done in 8 months, it's from Stella York, style 6979, if you want to see it! Good luck, and don't worry!
  • Jennifer
    Beginner October 2020
    Jennifer Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I worry about my dress too. But I keep a picture close to remind myself why I love it 🥰 good luck to you as well
  • Sexypoodle
    VIP October 2020
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Hopefully the stress and nightmares cease because you still have a long way to go. Keep in mind that you can only control what you can control. We all hired professional vendors for a reason, so we have to let them do their jobs. But regardless, “the show will go on” and you will marry your love (which is actually the important point of the wedding).
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I was stressed at one point and ended up just taking a long break from wedding planning
  • Teresa
    Dedicated October 2020
    Teresa ·
    • Flag

I don't have the nightmare dreams. I have the dream where I can see the bottom or the back of my dress and I am getting ready to glance up at the mirror and then my dang alarm wakes me up.

If it makes you feel any better my bestie/MOH "Biscuits" has been having nightmares for me...lol She is in a sense getting married with me so I let her stress and have nightmares while I just plan and pay for everything. Smiley smile

• Sarah
    Dedicated October 2020
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Omg I keep having a nightmare that we show up to our venue on our wedding day and they've double booked us Smiley cry I've seriously been tempted to email the venue with some b.s. excuse just to make sure they haven't forgotten we exist, lol. I can relate!

• Elisa
    Dedicated November 2020
    Elisa ·
    • Flag

I've had a couple... one where my dress wasn't brought to the venue..I think one where no one showed up.. my wedding isn't for another 3 months and I'm getting nervous about how my nightmares will be closer to the date! lol.

• M
    Dedicated August 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag

I'm very stressed. My big worry is not getting everything paid off in time. I never realized how stressful getting married really is.

• M
    Dedicated August 2020
    Morgan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's a beautiful dress!

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!
  • Jenna
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

So sorry you're stressed! To be honest, I'm not close enough to my wedding I think to be stressed yet and I'm a compulsive planner, but I've definitely noticed some anxiety.

I think it's normal. It's a huge day and it's a commitment that means a lot and there's a million things that can go wrong. Which doesn't sound like advice - but to me, I keep thinking of myself getting a nosebleed walking down the aisle or our florist mixing up the date or our DJ being late and I've learned to laugh at it. I'm fully prepared for something to go wrong, and honestly if my wedding isn't perfect, who cares? It's still mine, and to me, as long as that marriage certificate gets signed, it'll still be perfect.

• Jenna
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jenna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh gosh! Honestly if you're that nervous... I'd totally do it. I'd email with some BS asking a question about rentals or catering or something and be like "Oh by the way we still have the place secured right? No one else? Hahaha!" because frankly... it's your day, you're allowed... You're paying them to have the venue for you and for customer service! Email away!

• Jenna
    Dedicated May 2021
    Jenna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I got my dress less than 2 months after getting engaged and my wedding isn't until May 2021! I'm nervous about the same thing! But honestly, your dress is beyond beautiful and I'm sure you'll still love it. And no matter what, you'll still end up married by the end of the day, so who cares? It'll be perfect for YOU.

• Stephanie
    Super July 2020
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

I feel you. I recreate a to-do list just to make sure I am doing everything.

• AnaA
    Savvy October 2020
    AnaA ·
    • Flag

I had a dream that I forgot to book a hairdresser! I woke up and started looking for a hairdresser right away. I think I was stressing out about not having enough planned.

• FutureMrs.C
    Dedicated August 2020
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Googled your dress out of curiosity - it's GORGEOUS!

• FutureMrs.C
    Dedicated August 2020
    FutureMrs.C ·
    • Flag

Yeah, it's always something different. Right now it's "omg I can't find any nice wedding accessories!!!!" and last week it was "omg I can't find any good wedding invitations, it's all a disaster!" lol. But it helps when I take a breath and think about what really matters about all of this: getting married to my best friend. Oh, and cake.

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you very much, it was the 32nd dress I tried on, I knew right away ❤️

Comment on this discussion

Related articles