We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

C
Beginner October 2020

Wedding Ring Band Shopping questions

Chris, on August 25, 2020 at 4:31 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved Save
We are shopping for our wedding bands. Did you go to more than 1 retailer to compare? Are there questions you should ask that we might not know? We did visit 1 place and they showed me how the band I chose can be customized. The band had 14 diamonds and he actually said it'll look better with 2 less diamonds. But adding the 2 more will only be $36 more. Does that sound right? The total carat was .46 for 12 diamonds. I'm not worry about the carat size just want to make sure we're shopping wisely and asking the right questions.

11 Comments

Latest activity by Chris, on August 27, 2020 at 5:30 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag

I actually only went to one retailer but when we went shopping for my engagement ring, we definitely went to a ton of stores to compare.

i think some things you can ask is if there's a warranty, how to properly clean it, etc things like that or if there's any fees to resize, etc.

• Sherri
    Devoted August 2020
    Sherri
    • Flag
    If the ring is already made, there is labor to remove the diamonds, reshape, etc. And, in your case above, the labor is about the price of the diamonds they are removing.

But if the scale looks wrong on your finger or in your setting that could be their recommendation. Do you feel it too? That the ring needs less to be more?
    Keep trying as many as you want. As many places as you want. Go back and try on the leader a few times.
    There are options to consider like using a hometown jeweler but knowing your longterm goal is to move across country? Probably should consider a national chain.
    For me, I liked having both my engagement ring and band to come from the same jeweler as mine came with an inspection and cleaning service and one trip sounded easier to me!
    It took me forever to find my band. 馃ぃ
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna
    • Flag

We went to 6 local jewelers before deciding on the ones. This also allowed us to get quotes and compare prices

• Jasmine
    Rockstar January 2022
    Jasmine
    • Flag

We stuck with one retailer from the beginning. FH got my engagement ring from Kay Jeweler so we figured we might as well stick with them for our wedding bands.

• C
    Beginner October 2020
    Chris
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We decided to go with a local jeweler instead this time. Our engagement was also from a big retailer. I compared some prices and it's pretty much around the same. Thank you for your reponse.

• Jasmine
    Rockstar January 2022
    Jasmine
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No problem. I'm glad something worked out for you.

• C
    Beginner October 2020
    Chris
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Sherri, they make the women's band there so maybe that's where the difference in pricing comes in versus them ordering from another retailer. The jeweler was right and it not only cost less for the band but it looked better too since I don't need the extra 2 at the end.

Do you also get a certificate for a wedding band too or is it that mostly for engagement rings? This place offered to do an appraisal for the band as well.

• Suzie
    Super October 2021
    Suzie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We did the same. Also from Kay! They were able to match the diamonds in my band on my engagement ring with a diamond wedding band.

• A
    Super February 2020
    Andrea
    • Flag
    We went with the jeweler who made my engagement ring. We thought of going else where, but we really liked working with the jeweler so we decided to give him the business. He did a splendid job and I am very happy with how both our rings turned out!
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid
    • Flag
    We got my bands at the same jewelry store we (he) got my engagement ring from. They were going out of business so we (he) got both bands for the price of 1.
  • C
    Beginner October 2020
    Chris
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a great deal! We plan one looking qt more place. It'll almost feel like looking for a wedding dress, it'll start to look the same and overwhelming. LOL Thanks for replying back to my post 馃槉

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics