Hi ladies! I’m so upset that the wedding we planned for May 9 this year has to be postponed because of this worldwide spread virus. Anyone else forced to postpone their original date? My concern is the money I spent on my invites and save the dates, now I have to do it all over again! What are your...
Hi ladies! I’m so upset that the wedding we planned for May 9 this year has to be postponed because of this worldwide spread virus. Anyone else forced to postpone their original date? My concern is the money I spent on my invites and save the dates, now I have to do it all over again! What are your biggest concerns?
View Quoted Comment
Hi Brittany I really holding out hope that I can get another date this year. However if I cant we will have to think about doing something next year in September which I hope my vendors will agree to and ya something mall this June. Hoping everything will be alittle better by then. I am on day 16 of social distancing from home. We have alot of older relatives invited to the wedding and want to make sure we are being safe for them.
Hello I also had to postpone my May 16th wedding. Working with venue on a new date still. I was thinking should I also resend save the dates when we have a new date ? The invites were days away from going out and would need to be replaced or is it tacky to order a sticker to cover the old date with the new one?
My wedding was also April 4th and now it wont be until July 11th unless this goes on longer. How are you announcing your new date? I gave my website a complete new makeover but its locked until i announce new date
I used Zola - they have ‘change the date’ cards that I figured would be better than buying new save the dates. Then eventually I’ll send new invites and rsvps. Check out Zola’s site, they’re really helpful during this time!
We were also May 9th and are rescheduling to October 4th!
I was so lucky, we're getting married in a really small town in upstate New York so all of my vendors actually had the date open still and are able to accommodate the switch.
We printed our own invitations the first time around, so I feel like a pro at wedding stationary! But now that we have a couple months extra to save we may use the promotions that quite a few sites are running now just to save the hassle.
View Quoted Comment
Don't you worry if you wait too long your vendors won't be available when you reschedule? I am torn as well, but I don't think people will enjoy themselves being so close to the chaos.
View Quoted Comment
I guess I'm leaving it in God's hands. I will see how things go by mid April. The backup plan is to get married by the court in May, and then have the big celebration later on this year (Or even next year) but I want to get this out of the way this year. Next year I plan to do my daughters sweet 16. However, as far as vendors-I'm sure they'll accomodate me. Everything happens for a reason, so I will leave it in the big man's hands. But honestly Dana, I'm truly not worried about it. At least, not yet. 😃 stay safe, and healthy.
Our wedding is planned for June 13, 2020 and while that seems far enough out to not have to postpone - with all the uncertainty and information rapidly changing on a daily basis, I can't help but be overwhelmed with stress and anxiety. I've already had to cancel by bridal shower and am sure my bach is out of the question at this point too.
Here in CA, we have a "Shelter in Place" ordinance in effect through April 19th with the possibility of that extending to May if our situation here does not improve. Our venue has had to cancel and postpone weddings that were planned through April. My heart ACHES for those couples.
We are hoping late April will offer more clarity for the future of 2020, however, what everyone needs to understand (myself included) is that even if things "calm down" soon, it doesn't mean people will be out of danger while in close proximity to one another. We never expected to have to make such a heartbreaking decision, however, it is not nearly as heartbreaking as the idea of putting our loved ones at risk.
No! The venue was the first to reach out and say hey, things don’t look good, there’s a ban in place, so here’s a list of future dates we can pencil you in for just in case we can’t accommodate the original date. I don’t know how we got so lucky with our venue!
I reached out to my vendors as soon as this mess started about two weeks ago. I gave them my penciled in ‘rain date’ and they all said they were available since it’s now 7 months away rather than May. Its better to reach out ASAP and get the information you need now rather than later. Can your venue accommodate a date change without financial penalty? That’s something that needs to be discussed before any other vendors
You’re so right! This is a tough time for everyone - I mean it is wedding season! I have no problem changing my date to October from May, as long as my guests will be healthy and safe to travel and enjoy themselves!
Here's what my venue agreed to do. At this point, we haven't made the change of date official, although in my mind, it's not happening May 24. All of our vendors have been so accommodating and are holding the date until we make the call in the next week (I doubt that many people are just starting to plan for this October and reaching out to them). Our venue agreed to hold our October 18 without a signed commitment, however, if someone comes and inquires about that date, she will decline and we HAVE to sign. We're in NY and his family has to get here from CA, so I'm with Natalie that the restrictions may be lifted by then, but will it be safe to do it then? I also have a bridesmaid in NC who is a doctor, and she was the first to back out of my bachelorette party (which should have been this weekend and is now cancelled) because her hospital wasn't allowing any flights to NY. So, some things may be allowed, but I would be hesitant to say it would be a great time. My bridesmaids are being really cute and making a virtual bachelorette party for tomorrow night with wine and dress up in your best bridesmaid dresses. They sent me a package that I will open tomorrow night with them (it's driving me crazy not knowing what it is!) It'll have to do for now with a promise for a get together at another point.
I posted a free PDF that brownfoxcreative made that said "due to current events we must change our date" and I just posted that to my social media with a long caption. I also sent that to friends and family through text, making sure everyone was up to date.
I think an October wedding will work out fine - that’s when I postponed mine until! I have a feeling that the summer will eradicate the virus and things will sort of start going back to normal. Love the virtual bachelorette party idea!