Hi ladies! I’m so upset that the wedding we planned for May 9 this year has to be postponed because of this worldwide spread virus. Anyone else forced to postpone their original date? My concern is the money I spent on my invites and save the dates, now I have to do it all over again! What are your...
Hi ladies! I’m so upset that the wedding we planned for May 9 this year has to be postponed because of this worldwide spread virus. Anyone else forced to postpone their original date? My concern is the money I spent on my invites and save the dates, now I have to do it all over again! What are your biggest concerns?
We are supposed to get married on May 23rd in Illinois. I am hoping things are ok by then but we have family that would be traveling in from California and New York. It is important to me that they can be there but I also don't know if it would be worth postponing our whole wedding for 8 people. We have talked with our venue and our vendors but our plan currently is to wait until about a month out to make a final decision.
Yeah I feel your pain! I was planning on getting married on 4/17 in Vegas for our 10 year anniversary. I was devastated when I found out they shut down Vegas last week. I know there are more important things going on but nevertheless still disappointing.
View Quoted Comment
I’m in Illinois too and our date is May 22nd. I’m really hoping we don’t have to postpone. If we do, we’ll probably still get on May 22nd. Stressful time for us all! Gotta hang in there!
My daughter’s wedding is scheduled for June 13-it is still on for now, venue has cancelled up to May 23 but hopes to have events after that. Invitations were supposed to be ordered by now but we are holding off a bit to see what happens. So stressful wondering what to do!!!
I just informed my guests we’ve postponed my wedding date but we haven’t selected another date yet. My venue Westbury Manor don’t want to change our date yet. They have asked us to wait until the end of April or beginning of May before we select another date; knowing our wedding was scheduled to be held on May 31, 2020. They stated things could turn around by then. I’m unhappy, stuck but will continue focusing on our safety first. I’m going to contact them again in a couple of weeks... Pray for me please
We have hired an attorney! My Fiancé and I were planned to have our dream destination wedding for June 14th in Riviera Maya Mexico. Due to the border closure and uncertainty we begin to look at options! The travel agent has received over $40,000 in total to date (we told guests to cease all further payments when the agent continued to send invoices) ANYWAY!! This does not include airfare cost guests have paid! We had 98 guests attending and only 6 purchased the insurance! It’s sad For several of our Guests it would be their 1st time out of the US and literally have made payments throughout the year since (May 2019) to afford to come celebrate! The resort doesn’t want to refund the money and wants us to reschedule or give credits! Or we pay a penalty to cancel! We are devastated! I have a summer beach dress & a separate reception dress! I personally purchased the bridesmaids dresses which was $1400! Vendors we’re already paid & would fly out to Mexico such as DJ and photography! I can’t deal we probably will just go to the court house after this! I’ve learned that regardless we are loved and our guests health is the most concern! Good luck to all the brides! God is still in control ! At this point I just cry and pay legal fees! #CoronavirusCannotConquerCountdownContinues!!!!!!
View Quoted Comment
We also are getting married May 23rd..We are having ours in a friend's big barn in Montana. We are keeping our date since it is in an open space, will have around 30 in attendance and only one person is flying over. I hope you are able to keep your date too. A lot of work already goes into planning a wedding and to have to turn around and rearrange is so stressful.
Our wedding is/was May 9th, 2020 as well. We have just made the decision to postpone. I don't even know how to feel about it. We've been planning 1 1/2 years now...and the only dates available to postpone are during the heat of the summer in South Carolina, which is not even considerable with an outdoor reception. We're thinking right now about still having the liturgical ceremony on May 9th with just my parents and then having the reception on our 1 year anniversary...I just freaking hate this.
May 9th here. Just emailed all of our guests this morning stating we had to cancel. We have a new date of October 11th. Having troubles deciding if we should go to the courthouse once they reopen for a civil marriage and having a party to celebrate us/vow renewal in October. Or make October a marriage ceremony
I was suppose to get married April 4 2020. They told me 13 days before my wedding that i had to postpone it. Now I am getting married on a different date. I had to move it to Friday July 31st 2020. I know this sounds mean, but the date I had originality meant something. I don't know how to get excited again. I still have things that need to get done but now that it is 4 months away i have no desire. Two days before they told me it had to be moved they said everything was good. I just hate whats going on. A friend of mine told me that I should look at it this way. Now everyone that I love and want to be there will be. No one will have to worry about getting sick. So thats what I keep running thru my head.
Hi All! Our original date was April 18, 2020 but we have postponed to December 6th, 2020. I must say people have been so sweet and kind about the date change. We plan on sending out save the dates and invites again just to be safe. I had a little meltdown but then we rallied and will carry on. As long as everyone is healthy and safe that is all that matters!!!!
Hello so sorry to hear about your postponement. I agree with some places will/might give a discount. Also using your wedding website and making calls could be something to look in to.
My wedding is June 12 in Miami. My venue and planner want me to postpone. I’m so sad about this and the venue doesn’t have anything available till March next year or Sunday in August this year. 😩 we are so torn because we want to start our family this July. I’m in my late 30s so we have to get on it. These are tough times indeed.
I’m in the same boat the venue wants me to move it to a Sunday in August in Miami 😩😩 the next day they have available is in March when I planned on being pregnant. Having a small thing on your original date is nice. Best of luck to you
I’m 30 as well haha, and we planned for May so we could try for a family within a year or two so we aren’t devastated by postponement - but Zola sent me an email that offers free ‘change the date’ cards for guests. It’s unfortunate some venues and vendors can’t work with people, but I wish the best of luck to you! Maybe a private ceremony and a party later on?