We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

S
Dedicated September 2021

Wedding Nightmares? Start a dream journal!

Smitht, on August 29, 2020 at 9:58 AM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved Save
We’re a year out from our wedding and I’ve had about 5 wedding nightmares already. From shaving my head right before the wedding, receiving my wedding dress and it being a hot pink prom dress, to missing our engagement photo shoot. I know they’re all just dreams playing off of my stresses so I like to laugh at them when I wake up. I decided to buy a dream journal so I can keep track and remember them all. Planning to read through them with a glass of wine once the wedding is over. 😂

Just an idea for any other brides experiencing nightmares!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Gabriela, on August 30, 2020 at 3:25 PM
  • Jessica
    Master September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t start having nightmares until a couple months ago, and reading this made me realize I haven’t had one in several weeks now. I think it’s great to write them down and be able to look back on later for a good laugh! I shared one or two on WW back when I seemed to be having at least one a week, but I guess I’ve been handling stress better lately 🤷‍♀️ Lol.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    That is so funny. I only had one or two dreams and it was all the same thing
  • Marisa
    Master October 2021
    Marisa ·
    • Flag

Hahaha! These are great! I’ve have dress dreams and dreams where things have just gotten a little weird....my mom even had a dream that my brother got intoxicated and started singing loudly at our ceremony lol

• Rebecca
    Rockstar August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag

I don't recall having many wedding related dreams, but there was one where DH kept standing on my dress... and not noticing... while I had to move...

• Breann
    Devoted June 2020
    Breann ·
    • Flag

Lol I had one where I went to pick up the dress (white, A-line, chiffon) and instead they gave me this terrible vintage prom dress with lots of choppy layers of lace, and it was dusty sherbet orange with puffy sleeves!

• G
    Beginner November 2021
    Gabriela ·
    • Flag

I have been having these dreams since we began planning the wedding! They generally involve things not having been done. In one I remember looking through my closet for my best option in a wedding dress, and another where I realized we have not planned out which parts of our wedding mass would be in English and which in Spanish (something we really will be doing). In my most recent one, a couple days ago, I realized halfway through the reception that we didn't have any cake!

I will say, in the dreams I handle all issues very calmly (honestly more so than I would in my waking hours!). My dream self's philosophy appears to be "it will be fine."

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics