Ellie
Devoted January 2020

Wedding Month and Color Scheme?

Ellie, on May 29, 2019 at 8:10 AM Posted in Style and Décor 0 18
Saved

I was in another thread where some other January brides were incorporating burgundy into their color scheme and was curious to know if there are popular color schemes for various months and what they are!

My wedding month is in January and my color scheme is burgundy, blush, and gold. I was hoping for a winter or romancey (think valentines day) theme. What's yours!

18 Comments

• Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

I don't think color schemes really matter as far as months and seasons go, I feel like you can do anything whenever, but I'm sure there are popular colors for seasons. I don't know what they are though lol. We are getting married June 6 2020 and our colors are purples (lilac and plum) light gray and silver with white accents.

• Ellie
    Devoted January 2020
    Ellie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha, I'm not too sure which are the popular colors for seasons are either but wow I love, your color scheme I never thought of that palette, the silvery and plum will look gorgeous together.

• Mrs. H
    Master September 2019
    Mrs. H ·
    • Flag

Your color scheme sounds beautiful! I don't really think there's certain color schemes specific to seasons; however, I will say that certain colors are more common given the time of year (i.e., pastels in the spring, greens in the summer, and darker colors in the winter and fall). We are getting married on Sept. 28th, and our colors are champagne, navy, ivory and berry

• Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married on June 23 and our colors are blush, ivory, champagne which I think are petty typical/popular wedding colors. We wanted to keep it really light and natural.

• Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I think decorations that are seasonal are easier to get and that's why certain colors are more popular those times a year
    I'm doing plum, lilac, and light grey in October.
    Funny that Jessica picked that too! My fiance actually chose the colors.
  • Ellie
    Devoted January 2020
    Ellie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's a beautiful blend! I'm liking reading about all these palettes so many things I never thought of. It would seem so about what you're saying about seasonal colors. Seems like certain seasons draw out certain color choices than most. I remember a friend of the family had a summer wedding a while back with this beautiful bright teal as her main color and I realized then (knowing that I'd want a winter wedding back then) that I didn't think a color of like that could be pulled off for a winter wedding but you never know!

• Ellie
    Devoted January 2020
    Ellie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Blush is always a beautiful classic choice. Before I went the burgundy route, my sister and I had a minor (for fun) squabble over which one of us would do blush. She wants a wedding in the spring and I'm having mines in the winter so I figured stylistically burgundy would be better though I'm still getting some blush in there!

• Ellie
    Devoted January 2020
    Ellie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You're lucky your FH cares about the colors and such! My FH is all like "whatever costs less", haha.

• Kelly
    VIP October 2020
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You'd think so but no, it means my fiance wants to raise the budget and go crazy!
  • Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

Your color scheme sounds very romantic and perfect for a warm winter wedding!

Our wedding is in June 2020 and we are using Steel Blue, Navy and Blush (pink) with lots of greenery and white/blush flowers.

• Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

Our wedding month is June, our color scheme is aqua, light pink, and gold

• Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

December: white, blush, reds, greens, and metallics.

• Ellie
    Devoted January 2020
    Ellie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! That's the look I'm aiming for! Fingers crossed that I can pull it off.

Ooo I've always loved steely blue very sleek and elegant! Seems like June is a popular month for weddings for sure!

• Danielle
    Devoted October 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    We’re in October and doing dark purple (grape), yellow, medium gray and a lot of greenery. I knew I didn’t want to do burgundy but still wanted a dark base color.
  • Emma
    Dedicated September 2020
    Emma ·
    • Flag
    I'm planning on getting married on September 26th, 2020. Right now our color schemes are fall colors, such as burgundy, orange, yellow, brown, etc
  • Kate
    Dedicated June 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married in two weeks (June 15) and our wedding colors are all bright - coral, mint green, pink and gold as our accent color.

• Molly
    Devoted October 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

My wedding month is March and my color scheme is emerald/dark green, navy blue, and accents of white and gold

• Expert August 2020
    ·
    • Flag

I'm learning that it doesn't really matter about color/season pairing anymore. But your color scheme sounds great. I wish I could figure out my own. I like too much to decide.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics