Casey
Devoted October 2019

Wedding location/venue

Casey, on April 5, 2019 at 11:27 PM Posted in Planning 0 21
Saved
I think we’ve finally settled and agreed on a wedding location and date. Jackson Square in New Orleans on October 25, 2019. Now I just have to send the request app to the city of New Orleans. So, excited to be getting married at one of the most romantic places on earth!

21 Comments

Latest activity by Victorian Bride, on September 20, 2019 at 1:50 PM
  • Casey
    Devoted October 2019
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    Location is beautiful and the cathedral in the background is amazing and so Cinderella’s Castle to me.

Wedding location/venue 1
  • Fmv
    Super October 2020
    Fmv ·
    • Flag
    So gorgeous!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    Amazing! Is it a DW for you/guests, or do you live nearby?
  • Amy
    Expert May 2022
    Amy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have been here and it is so perfect! Your wedding will be amazing there!! Good luck with all of the other planning.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag

That's beautiful!! Congrats

• Victorian Bride
    Master February 2022
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    Gorgeous!! Will be absolutely beautiful!! I grew up in the French Quarter and October is hurricane season. Just be prepared. Not sure if you're from the area. I recommend those big clear umbrellas, just in case. Congratulations!!
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

Beautiful.. congrats!! I am October 2019 too Smiley smile

• Casey
    Devoted October 2019
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Decided on a destination wedding since we won’t really have any family coming anyways.
  • Casey
    Devoted October 2019
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oh noooo! What would be the best month as far as weather? Like not rainy, not too cold, not too hot? I’m not stuck on October
  • Samantha
    Expert October 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    Gorgeous! You're going to have a beautiful wedding. I've never been to New Orleans but its my #1 place I want to visit. I'm also an October bride too!
  • Stephanie
    Dedicated April 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag

That seriously looks so romantic!

• Victorian Bride
    Master February 2022
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Casey, October is a good month for weddings, honestly, but hurricane season is June 1st thru Nov. 30th. The two most anticipated months for hurricanes are August and September, but they can still occur. Actually, I think October is the #1 wedding month, now. After April, the humidity is miserable. You just need a back up plan for rain and/ or if you need to evacuate. I'm not trying to frighten you, but New Orleans is below sea level. The highest ground is the French Quarter. See you are on the right track. 😊 Make sure you stay in one of those beautiful, historic hotels. Spring in Louisiana is gorgeous!! March and April are when the azaleas, bridal wreath, and dogwoods bloom. South Louisiana gets more rain than Seattle, but most people don't think so. You are fairly safe at the end of October. I adore New Orleans!! I just didn't want you to not know everything. October is when our weather finally starts to cool down with lower humidity. I say keep your date, unless you want the Spring flowers.
  • Casey
    Devoted October 2019
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the information. What are some of the nice historic hotels? I’ve stayed at the saint and Astor crowne before. Debating if a second line is worth it.
  • Victorian Bride
    Master February 2022
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    I love the Ritz, but it's not really in the Quarter. My #1 choice for you would be the Royal Sonesta New Orleans-Bourbon Street 2. W New Orleans French Quarter 3. Omni Royal Orleans 4. Chateau Orleans 5. Hotel Mazarin ( don't know this one at all)

I think a 2nd line would be unforgettable with you all being the " firstline!!" This needs a permit as well as your wedding location, to the best of my knowledge. Would be great wedding pics in the Quarter. Everyone if so friendly you'd easily get 100, or more, people joining in. Don't forget a carriage ride maybe to the ceremony!

Hope this helps!! I'm here if you want to ask anything.
  • Future Mrs. Polar Bear
    Super April 2019
    Future Mrs. Polar Bear ·
    • Flag

Congratulations!

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

New Orleans would be rad for a DW. Can I go???

• Tara
    Master May 2020
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    I absolutely love NOLA! That is super exciting!
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Victorian Bride-

Hi! I am also having a destination wedding in the French Quarter! I saw you were from NOLA and was wondering if you had any suggestions on places to take our guests after our reception? We want to take them to an upbeat bar with music!
  • Victorian Bride
    Master February 2022
    Victorian Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Chrysta,

Do you want to go dancing? Just somewhere with good drinks and jazz? Where are you getting married in the FQ? Just curious if you'd want to stay in the Quarter or go to the CBD ( Central Business District)? If you want a fun, historic bar, I recommend Pat O' Briens. Having a hurricane is a must in a souvenir glass. Most people can't drink more than two if they want to walk back to their hotel. It's been there FOREVER!! It's always upbeat. Some of the hotels have nice bars with great music, too. I'll be happy to help. Oh! Stay in well lit places where crowds are at night, always!! No thinking an historic alley looks interesting at night. Most people are there to have fun, but a few aren't.
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Thanks so much for your help VB!
    We would love to find a place that has music & dancing, but also has the option to sit down. We are getting married in our hotel’s courtyard in the FQ close to Jackson Square, so definitely want to stay within the quarter- preferably within walking distance.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics