Kimberly
Expert April 2020

Wedding invites- when to order them

Kimberly, on November 18, 2019 at 3:26 PM Posted in Planning 0 18
Saved Save

My wedding is on April 25, 2020 and I’m wondering when is a good timeframe to order the wedding invites? I don’t plan on mailing them until late January but not sure when to order them. Is now too early/late?Also do people include their wedding registry info in the card?

18 Comments

• Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    I’m a planner and I like to have things with me before hand. I’ll definitely order so you have them already and get them ready to mail out. I’ll wait and see if now they have some sales during the holidays season.
  • Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s exactly what got me thinking of the invites because of Black Friday.
  • Kathryn
    Devoted April 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    Our date is April 4th, and the lady we ordered them from said we were just in the right spot for designing and printing. I would definitely start searching now if not ordering so everything comes in to send in January

• Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much! I wasn’t sure what the timeframe was. Where did you order yours from?
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s fine to order now if your details are set in stone. I designed ours in like August 2018 for our June 2019 wedding. Was going to wait a while to order them but they went on a 50% off sale for Labor Day and our details were all set in stone anyway so I just ordered them in September.
  • Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Will do! I was going to order some this week but I might wait one more week until Black Friday although I’m not sure Id invites have discounts for that
  • Kathryn
    Devoted April 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We used a local person I found on Wedding Wire called Sincerely, Addison. She custom designed our invites, including my wedding flowers and a few other specific things we wanted, and they're printing right now! It was a bit on the pricey side, 800 for the invitations and envelopes and info cards. She did include addressing though, as well as a custom monogram for the envelop. Shutterfly might be an option - I've seen people on here loving Minted too as well as Zazzle. Just depends on your budget!
  • Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I’ve read some threads here and zazzle and minted are definitely favorites
  • Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Where are you ordering from? Most will have Black Friday or cyber Monday sales. I’d say maybe wait for that at least and if there’s no sale then just order then anyway. No harm in waiting 1 more week at this point on the chance of a sale.
  • Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    True. Everything gets a sale nowadays so I’ll Deff scope out some sites ahead of time then wait until Black Friday
  • Christine
    Expert September 2020
    Christine ·
    • Flag

I think now is a great time to order invitations - you can try to scoop up a good Black Friday sale! You can put your registry information on a "details" card if you want, but nowadays I typically just see people include their wedding website link in the invitation suite (and then the registry details are on the website).

• Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I definitely plan on include the wedding website info so that answers that for the registry. Thanks! 🙏
  • Rhianna
    Devoted April 2020
    Rhianna ·
    • Flag
    Ours is April 18th and we're going to order them black Friday (assuming there's a good deal). I think you can order them whenever you have all the info ready to go.
  • Anna
    Devoted April 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey date twin, when are you planning on sending out your invitations? A lot of our wedding guest are very local. I am thinking the middle of February.

• Rhianna
    Devoted April 2020
    Rhianna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey date twin!! A lot of our guests are traveling in so we will probably send them end of January. For a more local guest list I think February is perfect, and falls within the 6-8 week standard for sending them ☺️.
  • J
    Super April 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

I'm a week before you! I'm ordering my invites on Black Friday just to get the best price, but like you I won't mail them until after the new year!

• Kimberly
    Expert April 2020
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s exactly my thinking as well. We have a lot of out of towners so those will go out late January and the local ones will go out in February. What is your theme for your wedding twin??
  • Rhianna
    Devoted April 2020
    Rhianna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I guess we're going for a romantic vibe/theme lol .. we're getting married at a historic home that is covered in beautiful brick, so i'm getting a lot of greenery and roses and candles with some gold accents. We love wine, so adding some wine touches for example our "guestbook" will be a shadow box for wine corks that we will have our guests sign. What about you, what theme are you going with??

Comment on this discussion