Evelyn
Savvy September 2019

Wedding Gown Alterations

Evelyn, on June 21, 2019 at 8:46 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 17
Saved Save
Ladies! I have a question for you especially if you have a lace wedding dress. How much did you pay for alterations ?

17 Comments

• Purpledoggy
    Savvy November 2019
    Purpledoggy ·
    • Flag
    I paid $150 for mine.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    I paid $495.
  • Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    Hey Evelyn!
    I haven't had my dress altered yet. Following for the information.
    I also, just had to tell you that I love your name Smiley smile it's beautiful!
  • VIP September 2019
    ·
    • Flag
    This is mine. I just had my first dress alteration appointment. I have 7 different layers. I am having it taken in at sides and hip, hemmed, cups sewn in it, and straps taken up, and cost will be 425-475.

Wedding Gown Alterations 1
  • S
    Dedicated June 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    $450 for hem, bustle, taken in, and cups sewn in
  • Peggy
    Master November 2019
    Peggy ·
    • Flag
    $365 for hem, bustle, cap sleeves and bra inserts
  • Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    My dress alterations cost $595 (too much, but I'm in an expensive area and went through the salon) for the bust to be taken in, hem, and bustle. Stock photo for reference.

Wedding Gown Alterations 2
  • Lauren
    VIP February 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    My dress is a mermaid style with lace and beading all over the bodice and ruffles covering the skirt. I’m getting a hem, bustle, cups added, and the dress taken in at the hips & butt for $305!
  • Katie
    VIP November 2019
    Katie ·
    • Flag
    My seamstress said im looking at 100 to 200
  • Mrs. Juliana
    Dedicated August 2019
    Mrs. Juliana ·
    • Flag
    These numbers are reasonable. I went to the for my first fitting this week and they said the alterations would cost $650. My heart almost dropped. This is for basic minimal alteration. I have a ball gown they are just reshaping the bust and tailoring the corset part. I wish I knew a cheaper alternative.
  • Dita
    Expert August 2019
    Dita ·
    • Flag
    My dress has a lot of lace. I had my first fitting last week and was quoted $500 for hem, bustle, taking in and cups being sewn in.
  • Rita-Jean
    Devoted May 2019
    Rita-Jean ·
    • Flag

I had my dress taken in, the straps changed from off the shoulder to up on my shoulder, and an 18-point bustle (she bustled the lining and then the two layers of lace) added for a little over $300.

• Dannielle
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Dannielle ·
    • Flag
    Shop around. The first seamstress I went to said it would be $800. The 2nd seamstress said the first was crazy and that at most it would be $300.
  • Allison
    Savvy August 2019
    Allison ·
    • Flag
    I’ll most likely go through a local seamstress (she also owns a bridal store) for $425 after extensive negotiation. The average is $500 for my dress. If I travel further it’d be $350 but does not include steam and will cost about $30 in transportation costs ($10 each way for fitting) and 1.5 hour commuting time each way.
  • Evelyn
    Savvy September 2019
    Evelyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg this lady that I went for alterations she’s going to charge me $1,300
  • Dannielle
    Just Said Yes October 2019
    Dannielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is what my dress looks like. I have to have 6 inches taken off the bottom, the train bustled, and the shoulders straps shortened.

Wedding Gown Alterations 3
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hi Evelyn! How are you alterations coming along?

Comment on this discussion