K
Dedicated October 2020

Wedding Fair

Kerra, on June 9, 2019 at 6:00 PM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved Save
I won 4 tickets to the wedding fair . We went today. I was with FH and our 2 kids. I had not been to one in 10yrs . It was an experience. I met some extremely friendly vendors and some not so friendly vendors . There was only 4 cake vendors there . The 4th cake vendor was amazing , but they barely spoke to me. I had to ask them questions , request a price list , and ask for a sample . 馃槥 The cake was amazing . They were not rude , just not personable at all . There were some vendors who would just ignore myself and other people . How can you get business like that ? I was surprised how many vendors had the same services or product and prices were all over the place . Maybe I got spoiled and my expectations were to high by the first vendor I spoke to . She was amazing and acted like I was the only FB on the earth . She even remembered me when we passed by at the end of the shows. I was planning on going to the bigger wedding at the end of the month. I don鈥檛 of I will . If I hire one vendor from the fair, then I guess I can mark it as a success .
What has your experiences with wedding fairs been ? Are my expectations to high ?

6 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn Online
    • Flag

I had the opposite experience. Every vendor at both expos I went to was extremely pushy and in your face.

• K
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kerra
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Would you ever go to another one ?
  • Caytlyn
    Champion November 2019
    Caytlyn Online
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hard pass. The only reason I went to the second one is because the MUA that I knew I wanted to book was offering discounts if you booked at the expo.

• K
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kerra
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That makes complete sense. I would for the book also . I don鈥檛 think the next wedding fair has anything like that .
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey
    • Flag
    I went to fair/expo right after my FH and I got engaged. I actually found my venue there and got a discount for booking at the expo. So I was all for saving 250 dollars. I went to another at a local bridal shop that had one of the caterers we could use and I didn't like any of the food they had so I was able to rule them out. So only 2 caterers left that my venue approves of. So I found it helpful for sure.
  • K
    Dedicated October 2020
    Kerra
    • Flag
    That鈥檚 great. You are right about the discounts . Almost all the vendors offered some kind of discount if you mentioned the wedding fair when you signed with them.

Comment on this discussion