Trisha
Just Said Yes November 2019

Wedding Dress/shoe Nightmare!

Trisha, on October 14, 2019 at 7:49 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 9
Saved Save
My dress comes to the floor (I’m wearing flats) but because ‘there’s no crinoline’, you can see my feet/shoes when I walk. I’m so upset because no one told me that, I just assumed my feet would be covered. Help! Now I feel more stressed to find a perfect shoe and feel like everyone will be starring at my feet as I’m walking down the aisle😭😭😭

9 Comments

• Courtney
    Rockstar December 2019
    Courtney ·

Trust me, unless you're wearing grungy tennis shoes no one will notice. And if they do? They have more important things to worry about in life.

• Jennifer
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jennifer ·

I'm sure no one will be looking at your feet! The dress -and the beauty beaming from the bride- is always the star of the show! Don't stress! The important thing is that nothing distracts you from the wonderfulness of getting married; if you're not in love with your current shoe and think it will make you uneasy the day-of, you still have some time to find cuter ones that you'll feel totally comfortable and beautiful in!

• Trisha
    Just Said Yes November 2019
    Trisha ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you☺️
  • K
    Expert November 2019
    Kiley ·
    Your hem should show your shoes some! Otherwise you will likely trip! I wouldn’t stress it!
  • M
    Savvy May 2020
    Michelle ·
    I get it. I'm wearing flats too, and while I haven't gone dress shopping yet, I've thought about this. Just wear some pretty flats and rock em! Nobody will notice your shoes. There's SO much else to take in at a wedding!
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·

Your dress should be a couple inches off the floor so that you don't trip on the hem when you walk. It is normal for your shoes to show some while you walk. Here's a pic of me as I'm beginning to walk back down the aisle. As you can see, my shoe will be slightly visible as I take a step. This is normal and the length a hem should be. If your hem is shorter than that, it is also fine. No one will really notice your feet as you're walking.

Wedding Dress/shoe Nightmare! 1

• Ivy ORP
    Rockstar October 2019
    Ivy ORP ·

No one noticed my shoes until I purposely lifted my skirt at the reception. Trust me, that is not where they will be looking.

• Kristal
    Devoted February 2020
    Kristal ·

There are plenty of cute flats out there. i have 2 pair because I rethought my first choice. Love 'em both and I really dont think people will be looking at your feet. My dress also comes off the ground because of my underskirt (it didnt before that).

• Futuremrsmccormack
    Super February 2020
    Futuremrsmccormack ·
    These will be my flats. I think they're pretty cute.

Wedding Dress/shoe Nightmare! 2

Comment on this discussion