Savvy November 2021

Wedding dress

, on November 19, 2019 at 12:19 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 13
Saved Save
I feel like I made a mistake on buying my wedding dress 2 weeks after we got engaged. I believe it was out of excitement can anyone relate?

13 Comments

• Erin
    Super June 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag

Yes, 100% yes I can relate. my parents came out a few weeks after we got engaged (the come out just about every year for my birthday since they're usually traveling anyway). I went dress shopping with my FMIL and my Mom, since I wanted her to go with me and she lives so far away. I ended up getting a dress (which my mom paid for) and it arrived 3 weeks later. I tried it on and I HATED everything about it. It was probably one of the worst dresses I had tried on, but the magic of trying it on with my mom must have caught me and I ignored all the things I didn't like about it. I tried to convince myself to like it, but I ended up going back with my mom when she came back into town and we did it over again and I exchanged my old dress for one that I ACTUALLY love.

Are you feeling regrets or do you still love your dress but wish you'd waited and tried more on? that makes a huge difference.

• Jennifer
    VIP September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Yes.
    I bought mine 3 YEARS before he actually proposed! I went alone and was trying on fluffy stuff- as I do when I want to feel better emotionally at times... and found it.
    Then I gained too much weight and had to go get a second dress to wear to the wedding! My mom, 21yo son and aunt went and I had them each pick out a gown- not telling me who picked what one, I tried them all on and fell in love with one! Turns out my son picked it!!!
  • Anna
    Devoted April 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

YES!!! My fiance proposed a few days before Christmas. I work for a school and we were planning on having a short engagement. My mom was also not working during Christmas so i knew it was the perfect time. Since i wanted my mom to be there when i picked my dress, I sad yes to whatever dress. The dress came in 2 weeks later. The engagement got pushed to next year. Well a few months, i decided to go to a completely different shop and fell in love with one. Now I am happy. But i'm glad i'm not the only one lol.

• Tara
    Super November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    We had a very short engagement so I did the same thing! Although my dress was beautiful, it's not the one I really wanted. But my dress regret is due to letting my MIL get in my head (she didn't like the one I loved and kept making comments about how my husband was going to be wearing his dress blues and I didn't want to outshine him). I'd recommend you try it on again, with a clear mind!!! It's hard not to second guess yourself when there's thousands of dresses out there. If you still feel like it isn't quite right for you, maybe trying selling it on Stillwhite.com? You can look there for some great dresses too!!! Go with your gut.
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos Online ·
    • Flag
    I did the same thing but it wasn’t a mistake. I love my dress.
  • Savvy November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Both to be honest I wish I would have waited because now I hate the dress. For like 2 years I was absolutely in love with this dress. I tried it on ahead butterflies I knew it was for me by we're not getting married till 2021. Unfortunately at David's bridal's you cannot exchange or return the dress and I think that is absolute bullshit. Now I have to sell my dress to buy a new dress.. probably early/ mid 2021
  • Savvy November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Aww that's amazing!! The dress you fell in love with was the dress you're son picked out I love that.
  • Erin
    Super June 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I got my dresses from David’s Bridal and they were happy to do an exchange. It just had to be unworn, unwashed, unaltered, in damaged with original tags, and before the date I gave them for the wedding when I ordered it. It’s unfortunate that they won’t take yours back Smiley sad I’m sorry to hear that.
  • Savvy November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Did you sell your first dress or were you able to return it and get her full refund just curious?
  • Savvy November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm soooooo annoyed
  • Anna
    Devoted April 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sadly no. I called and my DB don't take returns. I even asked for store credit and they dont do that. I wonder how some women were able to do it. Maybe if I call again, I'll get someone who wants to help. I do have it listed on many sites with no luck. I do hope I get rid of it before my wedding day lol.
  • Savvy November 2021
    ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It's like the worst place to get a wedding dress
  • Erin
    Super June 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s Listed on their website that they do in store exchanges as long as they meet specific criteria. I was able to exchange mine with no issues. I don’t understand how your store doesn’t allow it when their own website lists that they do. I would have gone in their guns blazing. I’m sorry that you had that experience.

Comment on this discussion