Cassi
Devoted August 2022

Wedding dress shopping

Cassi, on July 20, 2020 at 6:17 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 1 24
Saved
Hey guys!! Ok so I saw in a b group on fb where this girl ordered her dress from ALIEXPRESS 🤔I thought it was brilliant! I thought about getting one off of there and just order our larger so that it may be altered to my body. Just as a “bride on a budget” Kinda thing lol. I struggle though because I want to still have the experience of dress shopping and “saying yes to the dress” with our friends. I world love to hear you ladies’ ideas and input🙂 I haven’t made mind up officially yet❤️

24 Comments

Latest activity by Jasmine, on July 21, 2020 at 12:46 PM
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag

I always say those who order their dress online are brave lol. I felt like I needed to try dresses on to really figure out what looks good on me. And not all silhouettes are made equal. for example fitted gowns by Allure don't look that great on me, but fitted gowns from Maggie Sottero and Martina Liana do. Maybe you can still schedule an in person bridal appointment somewhere just to be sure about what you want and what looks best on you before ordering. I wouldn't tell the shop this when you go though.

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think anything is wrong with ordering online but there are some things that you might want to be more mindful about for instance if there are real customer reviews on the products that makes it a lot better. Also be mindful of what their return or refund policies are. And it might just be helpful for you to go somewhere in person so that you try on different styles that way you know what even looks good on you. However if the dress is really just that sheep and you don’t mind if it doesn’t come out as you expected and it’s OK to just go for it. I bought mine online and it was literally like $27 so I didn’t really care if it went well or not because if it didn’t go well I didn’t lose that much money and if it did then great I save a lot. But I definitely Got a product that had a real customer reviews on it so I was able to look at photos and read with the pros and cons of that product was
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Cheap* auto correct aha
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I never thought about the difference in brands and the silhouettes. Thank you!! I think I’m leaning more with the in person, I want it to be perfect 🥰
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes I will definitely go and flirt with the different looks and fits to decide what looks good on me! Omg $27!!!! Wow that’s awesome! And you’re right, I typically don’t buy anything without real in person reviews and pictures to refer to! I think I may end up buying In Person so it’ll be perfect but that’s true too if you buy something cheap enough it’s not necessarily a huge loss! Thank youuu!!🥰🥰
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I got mine online but I kind of wish I had the in person experience. It’s just hard things online I can just be so cheap that it makes it so much more appealing
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah I didn't realize this either until I started trying dresses on. In my first appointment every dress I tried on was by Allure and non of the dresses hugged my curves the right way. But in my second apt at another shop I tried on dresses by at least 3 other designers and they all accentuated my curves perfectly. Happy shopping! It'll be fun!

• Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Absolutely! That’s what I’m playing back and forth with! The budget lol I don’t officially have one but I will set one before I go shop. I do have a look I want so that at least helps🥰 I just hope I can find one super affordable
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank youuu!! I look forward to it! 🥰🥰
  • Soon2BSmith
    Expert October 2020
    Soon2BSmith ·
    • Flag

I would really really study and watch and read every single review on Aliexpress. I found a dress from Aliexpress for my bridesmaid and it look great. Reviews were great. And then one of the reviewers posted a picture, and it looked a hot mess.

I would look on Etsy. I found my reception dress on etsy.

Check this website. Its super reasonable.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/827773706/white-wedding-dressafrican-wedding?ref=shop_home_active_1&frs=1

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    I tried on some dresses in shops first to see which silhouette I like. I never did end up really finding a dress in store that I LOVED and I ended up buying my dress online from a bridal resale website called Stillwhite. Some are used, some never worn. I'm absolutely in love with my dress and they also have some pretty cheap dresses on there as well.
  • Day
    Devoted July 2021
    Day ·
    • Flag
    I would suggest finding a style you love on your body and searching that on Poshmark. There are so many designer dresses for cheap. I bought a hebeos new without tags ivory over champagne mermaid wedding dress from Poshmark for $75.... I’ll be using this for some elopement style photos. THE DRESS is an all white Oleg Cassini that was graciously donated to me and that one was from StillWhite.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn’t think of Etsy for that! Thank you so much!
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I will be noting this website! Thank you so much! I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s considered online dress shopping cuz that’s the other worry, what if I hate the in store options within my price range. Thank you again!
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Someone else just mentioned stillwhite! I really appreciate it 🙂these prices are so my type lol
  • Day
    Devoted July 2021
    Day ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My little sister paid $1500 without alterations and I couldn’t justify that much money on a dress for a day. Hope you find something you love!
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Right! Thank you🙂
  • Chelsea G
    Devoted June 2021
    Chelsea G ·
    • Flag

You can still have the in-person experience. Make an appt with a boutique or DB's just to get an idea of your size and style!

• Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly! Got to be prepared but Stillwhite is a great site and you deal directly with the seller. I got my dress within a week after purchase. Whichever route you choose, store or online, good luck! 😁
  • Elizabeth
    Super June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

I'm going to try dresses on in store with my mom for some fun, but I'll probably end up ordering online to save money. Then I get to have the fun moments with my mother, but also save money.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics