Carissa
Beginner August 2022

Wedding Dress Regret?

Carissa, on August 8, 2021 at 6:25 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 6
Saved
I’ve had an eye on my dream dress for YEARS now; far before I even met my fiancé... but now that it’s time for planning and it’s the real deal, I’m not sure anymore. I honestly can’t see myself in anything, and I don’t think much would look okay on me.
Did you buy a dress and regret it? How do you know if your dress is really THE one? Anyone else in the same boat? tenor.gif

6 Comments

Latest activity by Aimee, on August 10, 2021 at 4:45 PM
  • Nisha
    Expert May 2022
    Nisha ·
    • Flag
    For my 1st wedding I let my sisters pressure me into buying a dress at my little sister's bridal appointment. It was at a wedding dress consignment shop and it was the only dress I ever tried on.

This time I'm getting the full bridal experience. I have 4 appointments in September, I have a dress in mind, but I'm not sure how I'll look in it since I can't seem to lose my c-section x3 pouch 😭. I plan to get whatever looks best on my body and try all my options.
  • Tina
    Dedicated May 2022
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    I strongly recommend finding a bridal shop with great reviews. I went to one of the best in my area and the stylist knew right away what styles would best suit my body. She picked out styles I never would have tried on my own and one of them wound up being the dress I chose! I had such a hard time picturing myself in a bridal gown so going somewhere that will take their time and use their expertise will make all the difference!
  • Jennifer
    Dedicated August 2021
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Try on a variety of dresses and be open to opinions, but you’ll definitely know when you try on “the dress.” I was dead-set against strapless, until the consultant suggested I try one on. And I loved it. Good luck! 🥂
  • Rosie
    Rockstar February 2022
    Rosie ·
    • Flag

Haha, how cute is that gif!

I always had an idea in my head of what I wanted, but I still went in with an open mind, in case I absolutely hated what I thought I'd look good in.

I tried on all sorts of things, but I ended up buying exactly what I expected I would! I knew it was the one, because I got super emotional even though there were some elements that weren't exactly what I thought I wanted in a dress.

I also knew it was the one because my reaction wasn't anything like I had thought it would be. I expected to look at myself in the mirror, think about how this is what I'd look like when my fiance sees me for the first time or whatnot... an actual rational thought based on something. But in reality, they just had to shake out the big train and I was in tears. It wasn't rational, it was all emotion, just as it is with my future husband - basically, that none of the others made me feel like *that*.

• Samantha
    Expert May 2022
    Samantha ·
    • Flag

I agree with the open mind. If you do to a good shop, the people who work there will know what will suit your body, and don't be afraid to tell them what you like/ don't like. And don't feel pressure to buy something you aren't 100% on.

• Aimee
    Savvy November 2021
    Aimee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Same for me! I was adamant I was not going to have a strapless dress. Until she put it on me! I instantly got emotional and knew it was MY dress! and I agree that being open to trying a variety of styles is key. I've heard that time and time again from many consultants. They say brides who are hyper-focused on a specific style (avoiding or having) often have the hardest time finding a dress they like.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics