Teddy_bear525
Dedicated October 2020

Wedding Dress Length

Teddy_bear525, on February 24, 2020 at 8:51 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 19
Saved

Hi All, I'm new here Smiley smile

I need help on deciding the correct length of my wedding dress. I had just purchased it yesterday and it won’t come in until end of July, wedding is on Oct 4th. I’m 5’4” and planning to wear 4 inch heels for the wedding, so that makes me 5’8”. The dress I got is a petite size, from hollow to hem is at 55”, my stylist recommend me to go with the petite size to save money from getting it hemmed. I’ve tried on a regular size in store, hollow to hem is 60”-61”. I’ve attached photos of the dress with my 4 inch heels on (still a little long). What do you all think? Does that look too long? I’m afraid the 55” hollow to hem will be too short. It’s always better to have it longer than shorter right? Because you can always take away the length, but won’t be able to add more. I just want to make sure that I get the correct length while there’s still time. Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thank you so much!

Wedding Dress Length 1

19 Comments

Latest activity by Don, on February 27, 2020 at 1:52 AM
  • Shamaree
    Dedicated February 2020
    Shamaree ·
    • Flag
    I’m about 5’1; I got a petite dress and wore 4.5 inch heels. The dress showed my toes just a tiny bit.

I would just order regular and have them hem it. Better safe than sorry.
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Can I answer too much question in regards to the perfect length of the dress but I think it really depends on how long do you want the train to be. From the picture that you have sent it seems that the dress fits you well.
  • Emily
    Super August 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    No advice from me, just wanted to say I love your dress!
  • Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is positively GORGEOUS, I LOVE the lace, so pretty! I'm also 5'4" and wearing 4 inch heels, my seamstress told me to order a regular and not a petite to be on the safe side. Here's my dressWedding Dress Length 2

Wedding Dress Length 3

• Teddy_bear525
    Dedicated October 2020
    Teddy_bear525 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for your suggestion! I’ll be exchanging it to the regular size. Your wedding dress is absolutely beautiful too! The illusion and boning on the back is gorgeous! Loveeee it!
  • Teddy_bear525
    Dedicated October 2020
    Teddy_bear525 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!
  • Teddy_bear525
    Dedicated October 2020
    Teddy_bear525 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you for the info, would definitely be exchanging it to a regular size.
  • irumsohale
    Dedicated August 2021
    irumsohale ·
    • Flag

You are absolutely right that " It’s always better to have it longer than shorter"

• irumsohale
    Dedicated August 2021
    irumsohale ·
    • Flag

The dress you are trying it is bit longer than normal one.

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much, I think your dress is gorgeous as well, I've had it for 5 months already, and i'm not getting married for another year, and I'm addicted to looking at other dresses, so I occasionally experience dress regret, can't help it.
  • Virginia
    Super June 2021
    Virginia ·
    • Flag

I ordered a petite from David's Bridal. I am wearing 2" heels and I am 5'2". Went for my fitting a couple of weeks ago and the length was PERFECT. no need for a hem which saved me $175. I was pleased about that!! The reason I chose the petite was because I wanted the flare of my trumpet to start at the correct spot and not lower on my legs. Made all the difference in the world, honestly.

• Teddy_bear525
    Dedicated October 2020
    Teddy_bear525 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah, I will most likely get it hemmed. Thanks!

• Teddy_bear525
    Dedicated October 2020
    Teddy_bear525 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks for the info! It's great that you were able to save the $175! Agreeing with you on the perfect fitSmiley shame

• Teddy_bear525
    Dedicated October 2020
    Teddy_bear525 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha, I'm with you on the looking at other dresses. I haven't even received mine yet and already checking constantly making sure I've made the right decision.

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Truth be told, I have two wedding dresses, the one I believe is " the one " and my runner up!! I'm a crazed bride to be, just obsessed with my wedding dress 👰 👰
    I'm having a after party because the reception is over at 5pm, so I'm changing into the same dress my bridesmaids will be wearing.Wedding Dress Length 4
    My first dress, next one my runner up ?? then my bridesmaids in the lilac, and my lavender color.Wedding Dress Length 5
    Wedding Dress Length 6
    Wedding Dress Length 7

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    Who's your designer, love to see your dress if possible!
  • Teddy_bear525
    Dedicated October 2020
    Teddy_bear525 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I got it from David's Bridal, it's their own brand. Here's the link:

https://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_layered-lace-mermaid-wedding-dress-wg3988

Looks different online than in person. I got the color ivory/champagne. The details are super pretty Smiley heart

• Teddy_bear525
    Dedicated October 2020
    Teddy_bear525 ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Oh wow, you're planning it so well! I'm only going to wearing the wedding dress, no other dresses. Since the wedding dress to me is such a splurge, I'm going to wear it as long as I can on the day lol

You seem to really like the mermaid style. At first I didn't even consider going with a mermaid style dress, I was more into A lines, but when my stylist pulled the one out I loved it!

• Don
    Super February 2021
    Don ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, I do really love mermaid style dresses, I considered this dress as well.Wedding Dress Length 8

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics