We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Grace
Dedicated November 2019

Wedding Dress Doesn’t Fit

Grace, on June 25, 2019 at 6:17 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 15
Saved Save
So I tried on my dress today and it didn’t fit. It zips a little over halfway but not all the way. I’m pretty tore up about this. I get married in November. Do I try to see if I can get a bigger size or is it doable to lose in that amount of time?

15 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

Probably would be easiest to just have the dress altered.

• Jessica
    VIP September 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    Do you need to loose several inches? That might be tough depending on your body type and on how you handle stress. Impending deadlines stress me out and make it harder to loose weight, so I would just get progressively more stressed. Can a seamstress take it out enough or put in a corset back?
  • Wendy
    Rockstar August 2020
    Wendy ·
    • Flag
    It depends on how much weight/inches and body type..and how strict you will actually be with your diet... it took me about 8 months to lose 15lbs last year... from 145lbs to 130lbs.. lost inches too... I was very flexible thou, so I’m you’re strict with your diet and exercise then is very doable!!!
  • Anna
    Rockstar June 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag
    It's totally doable ! You can do it! Try keto! You lose fat and inches without being hungry.
    Send me a friend request on Facebook Anna Cerise Reinhardt. One of my friends is sponsoring a keto reboot. She looks fantastic. You lose it quick.
  • Nicole
    Rockstar July 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It took me about 8 months to lose 15 pounds as well a couple years ago. I was very strict with my diet (1200-1400 calories per day) and exercise (5 days a week for 1.5 hours each day) and it still took the same amount of time. It's completely dependent upon body type and how quickly/slowly your body handles weight loss. I would recommend working on healthier habits and then alter it to fit your body closer to your wedding date.

• Jennifer
    Super September 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    Alterations? Also, keto will drop the lbs fast.
  • Trista
    VIP September 2019
    Trista ·
    • Flag
    Can you add a corset to the back instead of a zipper? It shouldn't be too expensive.
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    So far I have lost 21 lbs since April 1st - and it is not easy for me to lose weight, as I have hypothyroidism - so it is possible, but very hard. I wanna lose another 20 lbs by the end of August when I do my final fitting - we will see if that’s possible.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    I’d try keto now and see how much you can lose. Then start alterations in Sept.
  • Diana
    VIP December 2019
    Diana ·
    • Flag
    I agree with everyone else, have your seamstress take out the zipper and add a corset.
  • Grace
    Dedicated November 2019
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Congrats on your weight loss! What did you do to lose it?
  • Kimberly
    Expert October 2019
    Kimberly ·
    • Flag

Anything is possible if you can stick to a diet/exercise routine. even something as simple as going for a walk every night will make a huge difference. start with small changes and see how you feel. you know your body. if you would feel better getting the bigger size then go for it, if you feel confident you can loose a few inches and get into the dress then push yourself and get into that dress. weigh loss is difficult for women, especially when stressed. my FH is about to hit 10lbs down in a week and half and i'm over here with 5lbs in 3 weeks. it's really about knowing your body. a simple thing you can do is incorporate greens into every meal.

• Jenna
    Super October 2019
    Jenna ·
    • Flag

Mine doesn't zip the last inch or two (or at least it didn't when I picked it up in March, I haven't put it on since then). I have my first fitting next month and if it needs to be taken out, so be it. They can definitely adjust it in a number of ways if it doesn't zip up by the time you go to your first fitting.

• Jessica
    VIP October 2019
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    It is doable but you need to start now. Ive lost 20.1 lbs since April. Online I found that wedding dresses you can go down 1 size approximately every 10-15 lbs.
  • Grace
    Dedicated November 2019
    Grace ·
    • Flag
    UPDATE: One week later and my dress zips the other half way up! I started walking a bunch and being much more careful about what I eat. Trying to cut down on snacking and trying my best to stay away from chips and breads! I need to just keep going to get more comfortable in it and get it hooked, but thank you everyone for all the advice and thought y’all might want to know how things are coming along!

Comment on this discussion

Related articles