Skip to main content
Jessie
Savvy December 2021

Wedding Dress Advice

Jessie, on February 4, 2021 at 8:59 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved

Hey ladies! So I am getting married this December, God Willing, we already postponed once due to covid. I bought my dress at a discount and loved the beading and sleeves, but not the aline fit. I have a seamstress who is working on restyling the gown, but I'm starting to worry that the image in my head won't be what I want. My seamstress is extremely talented and I have faith in her just doubting my vision. I love that the dress will be unique and I haven't seen many dresses with the beading this one has. The wedding will be a romantic winter theme with red roses, poinsettias and tons of candles. So 2 questions. 1. Does the beading look too young? I love beading, but it's just a concern I've been having as I don't want to look like a kid. 2. Do you think the end product will look good? Photos attached: my dress is the aline with sleeves, the other photos are inspiration from pinterest for the new bottom style. Also I will be adding a beaded or a thin plain white belt to accentuate my waist.Wedding Dress Advice 1

Wedding Dress Advice 2

Wedding Dress Advice 3

Thanks for your help!

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jessie, on February 4, 2021 at 8:02 PM
  • Jessie
    Savvy December 2021
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    Also I have no clue why this forum is cropping my photos. If anyone knows how to fix that please let me know.
  • A
    Expert June 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag

Hey there! I'm not super knowledgeable when it comes to dress alteration stuff, but the first thing that came to my mind was (what appears to be) a significant difference between the fabric of your dress and the fabric of the other dresses? The other dresses seem to have a heavier, more flowy fabric (which, granted, might show every single bump and line...who knows!) and yours seems to be a lighter fabric that is a bit sturdier, if that makes sense. In other words, I do think the seamstress will accomplish a similar silhouette, but I'm not sure if it will fall the same way? I hope my rambling was at least a little bit helpful, and I wish you lots of luck in the planning process!

• Jessie
    Savvy December 2021
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Allie! I completely understand what you're saving. My dress is satin. Best of luck to you as well. 😊
  • Mrs. Spring
    Master April 2021
    Mrs. Spring ·
    • Flag
    It looks great to me. I recommend you not ask for others' opinions on the dress bc one little negative comment can make brides want to get a completely diff dress
  • Jessie
    Savvy December 2021
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Mrs. Spring. I did think about that. I think I struggled to find something that was my style in the stores amd overall love my dress, I'm just afraid my vision isn't going to work out. It's nerve wracking not having the final product yet. Lol. It's nice to know others can see what I'm thinking. 😊
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This is what I was going to say. Based on the differences in the fabrics, I am not sure your seamstress can make it look exactly like the photos. I do, however, I think it can easily be taken in some.

• Jessie
    Savvy December 2021
    Jessie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Meghan! I'm glad y'all can see it too. 😊 I get the fabric will be a bit different, but I'm feeling better about my vision now.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics