Cassi
Devoted August 2022

Wedding date change

Cassi, on July 30, 2020 at 4:28 PM Posted in Planning 0 8
Saved
Due to the fact we don’t want to get married in the dead heat of the summer. But we want a nice early summer, late spring beach wedding I’m really toying with a back up or new date altogether. Our original date is 5/29/21. We haven’t started saving for our wedding or really done any severe planning. Just research and minor things. Especially with everything going on we just don’t know what to expect with the months ahead of us. If we change our date to will buy us more time but I don’t want to push it out a whole extra year. Any ideas or thoughts are welcomed-I’m just ranting lol 🙂

8 Comments

Latest activity by Cassi, on August 2, 2020 at 7:20 PM
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    If you’re postponing for financial reasons, your new date should match your budget timeline.
    I don’t think you need to postpone due to Covid.
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag

I didn't want to wait a whole extra year either but we went ahead and pushed our date out to 2022 because we're in CA and the numbers are going up so much it's ridiculous. Are you having a reception at a venue? If so you'll want to book that ASAP because so many people have rescheduled to 2021 already. The date you're thinking of is now less than a year away so if don't want to push it back I think you should start making some moves with your planning.

• A
    Super October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag
    If you’re not moving it, you should start booking things. Mine is October 2021 and vendors are booking up quickly due to so many 2020 couples postponing. Our photographer is already booked up well into fall, and our venue is almost totally full for Saturday events. We are booking our vendors now so that we don’t lose out on our favorite people.
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Good point! I guess when we figure out our budget that’ll help more lol
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We aren’t having a reception. We are having a super small wedding. Intimate with just close friends and family. I think we are going to sit down and really entertain the thought of a new date and see how we feel. It sounds like pushing the date out an extra year is going to be the plan 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I think we are going to explore the idea of postponing our date to 2022. The virus had put a serious strain on so many families and their financial situations I can only imagine how bad it is trying to book. Thanks for your insight!!
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah it sucks that we all have to go through this. But I'm hopeful that by 2022 we will have minimal to no restrictions so we can all enjoy our big day the way we've always imagined it be. Good luck with everything!

• Cassi
    Devoted August 2022
    Cassi ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly! I hope the same!Thank you and good luck to you as well ❤️

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics