Ann
Beginner November 2019

Wedding cake flavor

Ann, on August 30, 2019 at 11:34 PM

Posted in Wedding Reception 47

I’m getting married in November right before thanksgiving. Haven’t decided on what flavor of cake to go with. What kind of cake flavors are you going with for your cake? My cake baker has asked me to tell her what cake flavors we would like to taste on Monday. I was thinking Vanilla with raspberry,...
I’m getting married in November right before thanksgiving. Haven’t decided on what flavor of cake to go with. What kind of cake flavors are you going with for your cake?
My cake baker has asked me to tell her what cake flavors we would like to taste on Monday. I was thinking Vanilla with raspberry, cookies and cream at least to try. But looking for other ideas.

My reception dress is rose gold so would match our theme to that.

47 Comments

• Shireen
    Devoted September 2020
    Shireen ·
    • Flag
    We will have 3 different flavors and we are going to our tasting today...cant wait to try the white chocolate cheesecake flavored layer 😍
  • Sara
    Dedicated May 2020
    Sara ·
    • Flag
    Were doing cupcakes instead of cakes but our flavor will be apple cider cupcakes with brown sugar cinnamon buttercream
  • Jess
    Expert October 2019
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    We’re doing a black forest cake and then a brown butter cake with a marionberry icing. Maybe think of some warm fall flavors for your flavors?
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    We did a 3 tier cake with 3 different flavors. Vanilla buttercream, lemon buttercream and champagne and strawberries and the grooms cake was carrot cake. Since your wedding is close to Thanksgiving you could do a pumpkin later.....yummy. That was one of my favorites.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

We've gone back and forth on this a thousand times, but we've decided to do funfetti for our cutting cake and chocolate, strawberry, and caramel apple cupcakes for guests.

• Rhianna
    Devoted April 2020
    Rhianna ·
    • Flag
    We're going with Funfetti for the main cake and chocolate peanut butter ganache for the groom's cake. My aunt is professionally trained and offered to bake our cakes. We also sampled a hazelnut cake with chocolate hazelnut ganache which is another great option!
  • Devin
    Super October 2019
    Devin ·
    • Flag
    We are having a 3 tier cake. Top layer will be vanilla with butter cream, 2nd layer will be pound cake and bottom layer will be a black & jack.
    Our cake baker sent home a tray with all the cake samples on it for us to try then we decided.
  • Ann
    Beginner November 2019
    Ann ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ooh yes that sounds yummy too!
  • Ann
    Beginner November 2019
    Ann ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Let me know how it goes today and which one you end up going with!
  • Ann
    Beginner November 2019
    Ann ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ah ok. For me I have to tell her what flavors I want which makes it bit harder, and makes me want to investigate a little lol
  • Ann
    Beginner November 2019
    Ann ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ah yes I live anything hazelnut!
  • Laura
    Dedicated November 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    A local bakery is doing our cake, and they didnt charge extra to do two different flavors for the two different tiers. So I let my fiance pick the top (cookies and cream) and I picked the bottom (chocolate) and we both chose the chocolate mousse filling.
  • Shireen
    Devoted September 2020
    Shireen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I definitively will they have so many choices it is so hard!! They have a butter pecan one with hazelnut that I wanted to tey BUT FH said no he wasn't with the idea at all
  • M
    VIP September 2019
    Mrs. Bubba ·
    • Flag
    My flavors are:
    🍋 with 🍋 Icing (Bottom and top 2 layers)
    🍨 with Almond Icing (next to last layer)
  • Nicole
    Devoted September 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This sounds amazing!
  • KimandLarry
    Dedicated July 2020
    KimandLarry ·
    • Flag
    We're having a 2 tier, strawberry with a cheesecake filling, chocolate hazelnut liquor with hazelnut ganache filling. Grooms cake well be banana with cream cheese filling, 3 dozen white with strawberry cream filling cupcakes, and 3 dozen strawberry with cheesecake filling cupcakes.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

Our cake is going to be a three-tier red velvet with buttercream icing!

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I had two tiers with strawberry and one tier of mango
  • Christie
    Dedicated October 2019
    Christie ·
    • Flag
    I'm getting married in October and we did precisely two cake tastings. Both offered cupcakes for the tastings instead of cake. One was at a place that did traditional flavors (chocolate, strawberry, vanilla, lemon, and salted caramel). They were good, but exceptionally sweet.

The other place was a local bakery that does more breads than wedding cakes. They made two lemon blueberry options for us, a chocolate spice cake that was adapted from a family recipe I gave them, almond cranberry, brown butter rosemary, and black forest cupcakes. All of them were amazing and they were able to fill some of the cupcakes with the fillings that would be between the cake layers.

We went with lemon cake with blueberry compote and lemon curd on the inside, almond cake with cranberry compote, and a brown butter rosemary cake at the top tier. There is vanilla frosting in between the layers of the top tier cake, and the outside of all three tiers is vanilla buttercream.

We're also going a separate chocolate spice cake with peacans and mocha buttercream, since it is something we have at a lot of family functions and was passed down from my great-grandmother.
  • Sherrie
    Expert August 2019
    Sherrie ·
    • Flag
    We did a mocha cake and it was a huuuge hit!! It had style and chocolate layers and a white coffee buttercream frosting. Amazing!

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics