Jenay
Dedicated October 2025

Wedding budget

Jenay, on January 28, 2019 at 4:15 PM Posted in Planning 1 66
Saved

How much did you guys spend on the wedding? My FH and I are trying to decide on a budget. I know my wedding is next year, but I'm also doing a lot of DIY's

66 Comments

Latest activity by Allison, on August 24, 2019 at 4:06 PM
  • M
    Super November 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    For at least 175 guests, my budget is $50k.
  • Denise
    Super September 2019
    Denise ·
    • Flag

My budget is $4,000 for around 180 people. I'm also doing a bit of DIY

• Chandra
    Master May 2019
    Chandra ·
    • Flag
    Ours will probably come in around $15k.

My advice to you would be to do some market research to see what's available in your area and the average prices of the vendors. Then pair that with what you're comfortable saving and then decide your budget.
  • Patriece
    Savvy July 2019
    Patriece ·
    • Flag

Our budget is $8,000 max There is great deals you can get. Several people have been gifted us with wedding services. My wedding consultant had us write our dream wedding as if money was not a problem. After we did that she had us prioritize our items that were negotiable and non-negotiable. that exercise gave us great clarity on the things that were important not so important to us as we started to create a realistic budget for our wedding.

• Alyssa
    Master December 2019
    Alyssa ·
    • Flag
    Well it was originally 5k

then we started looking/pricing and thought we could do it on 10k

Then we got realistic about the wedding we wanted...

We’re at about 32k trying to stay under 50 and will probably end about 38-50k
  • Candace
    Dedicated October 2021
    Candace ·
    • Flag
    Ours is $12,000 for 80 to 100 people. But it does depend on your area, type of venue, and number of guests.
  • Michelle
    Beginner February 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    Our budget is $5,000 but willing to push as high as $7,000 if needed with 70-80 guests Smiley smile
  • Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

We are planning a wedding for 200 guests. I naively thought we could plan a decent enough wedding for around $5,000. I was so wrong. After booking vendors, and crunching numbers, our wedding will end up costing around $13,000. BUT that number includes EVERYTHING big and small, and even stuff we didn't pay for (such as stuff family has offered to help with and bridesmaid/groomsmen attire that they are buying themselves). It was hard for me to pick a budget at the beginning stages. I had to compare vendor prices and book most of my big vendors before we were really able to see how much we would be spending. I also plan to DIY our decor. Your area will have a lot to do with costs. Even though your wedding is a ways away, it never hurts to get big vendors booked early so you can get them paid off before the wedding.

• T
    Dedicated March 2020
    Tamsin ·
    • Flag
    We have about $8000 for a wedding with around 80 guests. Currently on track to be under budget.
  • Jenay
    Dedicated October 2025
    Jenay ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much for helping me! Planning a wedding is so expensive. Have you started doing some of your decor for your wedding. Was it easier then buying a lot of decor? Or is it stressing you out more doing the decor yourself?

• Jenay
    Dedicated October 2025
    Jenay ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much!

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

No, I haven't started my decor yet. I'm trying to finish up booking our vendors, then I planned to tackle that challenge. I want my bouquets to be real flowers, and DIY fake flowers for everything else to cut costs, but I want to see what we come up with with the florist before I start on the DIY centerpieces...that way I can make sure I match the flowers as best as possible. Also, funding is a bit low right now too, lol, so waiting for a few things to line up with that. Smiley xd

• Jenay
    Dedicated October 2025
    Jenay ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I want my bouquet to be real flowers as well. I have plenty of time to decorate and stuff since my wedding isn't until next year. But it would be nice to get some of done so that it won't be a hassle when the time comes. I'm doing a sunflower and roses for the centerpieces and the bouquets, but then I looked on Pintrest and saw some really cool DIY's idea with sunflowers. And I'm scared I'm going to mess them up Smiley xd

• Danielle
    Master June 2019
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm sure you will do better than you think. I plan to have wild flowers with sunflower accents. Since I am unsure of which wildflower mix I will be getting just yet, that Is why I'm trying to hold off. But as soon as I get a better idea, I'm sure I will be putting my Pinterest ideas to use too.

• Jenay
    Dedicated October 2025
    Jenay ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Pintrest is such a great place to go to for wedding ideas. That is where I'm getting ALL my wedding ideas from. That wild flower with sunflower accent will be beautiful!

• Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

Right now we're budgeting $20k for 100 guests. And for a Maryland wedding, that's fairly reasonable. We knew we wanted to splurge on the venue and food, everything else we'll be DIY-ing or hunting for deals.

According to my numbers I'm $1k over and it's driving me crazy Smiley angry . Fingers crossed some people don't come so my catering bill goes down haha.

• Mrs.
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. ·
    • Flag
    Around $15,000 for 100 people in San Diego, CA. Started with a $10,000 budget but had to bump it up unfortunately
  • Sophie
    Super December 2020
    Sophie ·
    • Flag
    Our budget is 25-30k for 100 guests.
    We cut down our list from 165 because we wanted it more intimate and honestly, 165 was wwaaaayyyy to expensive
  • Jenay
    Dedicated October 2025
    Jenay ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm hoping some of the people I put down don't come either. I know they are family but some of my family members don't get along at all. But I don't wanna leave any of my family members out.

• Jenay
    Dedicated October 2025
    Jenay ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I don't even know if everyone on my guest list will show up. But having 165 would probably be waaaay to expensive.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics