Viviana
Dedicated October 2022

Wedding Band - Help! i don't love it!

Viviana, on October 26, 2021 at 1:38 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 22
Saved

So, after searching multiple places and trying on sooo many rings, I found the "perfect" wedding band to match my engagement ring.

the diamonds match perfectly and are the same size as the ones on the sides of my engagement rings (which was sooo hard to find!)

We purchased the ring, got it sized, and picked it up about a week ago.

I tried it on with my engagement ring and I thought I was going to LOVE it and be super excited/in love with it. But I just looked at it and said "oh... okay..." and was so bummed that I didn't have the reaction I wanted. I don't LOVE it. it's beautiful and matches perfectly, but I just don't LOVE it with my engagement ring...

So now I don't know what to do! I have about 20 days to decide if I want to keep it or exchange it for something else (per store policy). But the thought of searching for something else is so draining as this one took so long to find. Also, I wouldn't even know what to look for - this ring checks off the "criteria" I had/wanted for a wedding band...

What would you do??

22 Comments

Latest activity by Sexypoodle, on November 10, 2021 at 11:20 AM
  • Cece
    VIP November 2022
    Cece ·
    • Flag
    If I didn’t love the ring, I would take advantage of the 20 day grace period and go back to the jeweler and try on other rings with your engagement ring to see if any of them give you the feeling you’re looking for. You could also visit other jewelry stores and try on bands with your engagement ring, and if you find something you love, maybe the jeweler you got your ring from could order some thing like it.
    You are going to be wearing this ring forever, so you might as well try to find some thing you love!
  • Viviana
    Dedicated October 2022
    Viviana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ugh, I agree Smiley sad I want to love my ring because I'll be wearing it forever!

it's so difficult to try rings out with my engagement ring - since the rings in store aren't my size, so i just have to imagine what they'll look like together (that's what I did with the band I bought and that didn't work out) ugh!

• Cool
    Super July 2020
    Cool ·
    • Flag
    Do you mind sharing pics?
  • I
    Expert August 2021
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    Typically wedding bands are pretty simple compared to the engagement ring. The engagement ring should be your statement piece. I guess I'm a little lost on your statement about loving your wedding band, what are you trying to get out of the wedding band?

When trying on bands do the ones on the store fit on another finger and then you can match up your engagement ring?
  • Fiona
    Expert May 2024
    Fiona ·
    • Flag

Could you show us some pics of them? Smiley smile

• Viviana
    Dedicated October 2022
    Viviana ·
    • Flag
    Pictures below:Wedding Band - Help! i don't love it! 1
    Wedding Band - Help! i don't love it! 2

Wedding Band - Help! i don't love it! 3

• Viviana
    Dedicated October 2022
    Viviana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Or course! I attached them below
  • Viviana
    Dedicated October 2022
    Viviana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes! Attached below 😊
  • Cool
    Super July 2020
    Cool ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I think it looks pretty perfect! Your engagement ring is the show stopper, the band should add to it not distract. I wouldn’t bother replying if I didn’t actually like it 😂
  • Viviana
    Dedicated October 2022
    Viviana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for the reassurance!! I really appreciate it!!! Smiley diamond

• Cece
    VIP November 2022
    Cece ·
    • Flag
    I think the set looks beautiful together. What exactly about it don’t you like? Is it just the fact the wedding band looks the same as your e-ring band, and you were wanting them to stand out more from eachother?
  • Galina
    Just Said Yes September 2022
    Galina ·
    • Flag
    Hello, we found our bands at Robbins brothers store and perhaps if you’re up to go there, they got variety of everything. Regards your situation, I think you just need to give yourself some days to wear it consistently and see if you love it.
  • Viviana
    Dedicated October 2022
    Viviana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s where I got my band too Smiley smile
  • Galina
    Galina ·
    • Flag
    I just noticed your pictures and the store name you got your rings from! It looks gorgeous on your hand! I love everything of it. I’ve noticed that some bride to be get two bands instead of one( one more profound and the second is more thinner kind), and perhaps this is something that you might consider down the road to add another one. Which can also add a little more charm to it😊
  • Galina
    Galina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sorry I noticed your pix afterward! Thank you for sharing them. 😊💍- beautiful!
  • Viviana
    Dedicated October 2022
    Viviana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for the reassurance Cece!! I'm really not sure why I didn't feel like I loved it (maybe because I felt like it took away from my engagement ring?) - but all you ladies are making me feel better about it!! I've been wearing it and I'm liking it more and more! Smiley love

• Viviana
    Dedicated October 2022
    Viviana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey Galina - thank you for your comments, I appreciate it!! and thanks for the idea of maybe getting a thinner one along the line - i'll keep that in mind! Smiley diamond

• E
    Savvy February 2023
    Elycia ·
    • Flag

Is there something specific about it that you dont like, or did it just not give you the "wow" feeling you expected to have? I think either way you should go back to the store and just try on a bunch with your engagement ring. However, if you're expecting to feel overwhelmingly swept away by how much you love your wedding band, I would try to tamper your expectations before going. Your engagement ring is the star and always will be. The wedding band is there to compliment it so of course you probably arent going to have the same butterflies feeling as when you slipped on the engagement ring for the first time. I think we can tend to do this a lot where we are chasing this feeling of just knowing that its perfect, but sometimes that doesnt happen. Sometimes we have to accept that things are practical and comfortable and that is just as good.

• Galina
    Galina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You’re so welcome dear!
  • Fiona
    Expert May 2024
    Fiona ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

They look very wonderful together and really suit each other and go together so well Smiley smile. Give it some time and I am sure you will love them Smiley smile

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics