Viviana
Dedicated October 2022

Wedding Band - Help! i don't love it!

Viviana, on October 26, 2021 at 1:38 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 22

So, after searching multiple places and trying on sooo many rings, I found the "perfect" wedding band to match my engagement ring. the diamonds match perfectly and are the same size as the ones on the sides of my engagement rings (which was sooo hard to find!) We purchased the ring, got it sized,...

So, after searching multiple places and trying on sooo many rings, I found the "perfect" wedding band to match my engagement ring.

the diamonds match perfectly and are the same size as the ones on the sides of my engagement rings (which was sooo hard to find!)

We purchased the ring, got it sized, and picked it up about a week ago.

I tried it on with my engagement ring and I thought I was going to LOVE it and be super excited/in love with it. But I just looked at it and said "oh... okay..." and was so bummed that I didn't have the reaction I wanted. I don't LOVE it. it's beautiful and matches perfectly, but I just don't LOVE it with my engagement ring...

So now I don't know what to do! I have about 20 days to decide if I want to keep it or exchange it for something else (per store policy). But the thought of searching for something else is so draining as this one took so long to find. Also, I wouldn't even know what to look for - this ring checks off the "criteria" I had/wanted for a wedding band...

What would you do??

22 Comments

• Allie
    VIP November 2021
    Allie ·
    • Flag

So I had the same issue. I loved my engagement ring alone, my wedding band alone, but together I wasn't in love. So I was talking to my married friend and she said that sometimes it really just takes getting used to because you're used to seeing your engagement ring only and the wedding band isn't as stunning as the engagement ring. I saw the photos and I think yours look perfect together! But if you feel you could find something that goes better with what you want, doesn't hurt to look!

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Looks great to me. I think the only issue in this situation is your expectation to have an overly amazing feeling about a band. For me, I don’t know that I ever expected the band to be the part that blows me away in comparison to the main e-ring. Had you tried the two rings on together before purchasing? There’s also the option of simply wearing the engagement ring by itself. Some rings just look better that way. Or go with a very thin band without diamonds.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics