Onceuponajohnson
Beginner June 2019

Wedding band for construction workers

Onceuponajohnson, on February 26, 2019 at 12:20 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 17
Saved Save
My FH works in construction and I was trying to pick out a nice durable ring for him. We were looking at Tungsten, but heard it shatters easily. Any suggestions?

17 Comments

• Gen
    Master June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag
    Would you consider a silicon band? Enso rings are great!
  • Summerbride77
    VIP July 2019
    Summerbride77 ·
    • Flag
    If he’s in construction he’ll like want a ring that can break easily so it doesn’t cause damage if it gets stuck in something. Tungsten can shatter because it has break points built into it in case it needs to be cut off in an emergency.

Have you considered a nice ring ring for the ceremony and special occasionwear and a silicon band for every day wear? My uncle who’s a firefighter does this. He has a nice gold band that was used in the ceremony and wears on special occasions but he wears his silicon band for work/everyday wear.
  • Danielle K
    VIP June 2019
    Danielle K ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

This exactly. I have seen some pretty gruesome incidences with wedding rings that don't just break.

Also have you considered tattooed wedding bands?

• Kiki
    Super May 2019
    Kiki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Agree with this! Get him a nice ring for special occasions and your wedding day and a silicon one for everyday wear. Enso is recommended but I hated them, they were too expensive but they look cheap up close amazon is the way to go!

• Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

My FH is in EMS/Fire and he will have a nice wedding band and then will be wearing a Qalo ring. They are great for hands on jobs. I also have one to wear on weekends when I clean and do stuff around the house.

• Victoria
    Super May 2019
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    My FH works in a warehouse and we got him a silicone ring from Modern Gents to wear at work! I would suggest that because I’ve also heard horror stories about rings when working around heavy equipment 😳
  • Megan
    VIP January 2019
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    Tungsten can chip and shatter. I’d do silicone for everyday and then something of his choice for “nice” occasions if he wants.
  • Sherrie
    Expert August 2019
    Sherrie ·
    • Flag
    I'd go with silicon when he's on the job site and a nice one for the days he's home, on dates, not at work etc.
  • S
    Devoted May 2019
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    My FH is in construction and I got him a silicone band for everyday. He is able to work with it and it doesn't effect him in anyway. However I will get him something different for special occasion/non work days if he wants.
  • Fiona
    Expert October 2018
    Fiona ·
    • Flag
    If he works in construction I highly recommend he wear a silicon band to work. Accidents with rings on can be gruesome. My husband works in a kitchen and wears a silicon ring to work and a nice band we used for the ceremony on the weekend. We got a pack of 4 silicon rings on amazon for like $10. They’re great quality!
  • Melissa
    VIP October 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

My husband has his "regular" band (tungsten, got it at Zales) but he's a bodybuilder/personal trainer so he obviously needs something he can wear to work as well. He got two of the silicone bands just to wear to work. They look just like a metal band, but they don't run the risk of breaking (breaking themselves or breaking a finger - I've seen weird things happen!)

• Lindsey
    Savvy May 2019
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag
    Definitely suggest a nice silicone ring for work and maybe a metal nicer one for other occasions. qualo rings I’ve been told are better quality silicone rings.
  • M.W.
    VIP June 2019
    M.W. ·
    • Flag

Tungsten is really durable. That's what my fiancé picked.

• K
    Beginner July 2019
    Kari ·
    • Flag

My fiance got a tungsten ring as well, but will probably only wear it at home/during the weekends. He's always doing something different (refrigeration, sheet metal, electrical, demo, etc) so he doesn't really want to wear a real ring at work, and he hates the look of silicone bands *shrug*

• darcy
    Devoted June 2019
    darcy ·
    • Flag

My Fiance is in construction as well, he wanted a wood ring to wear around thee house and on special occasions. I'm getting him a silicone ring to wear to work.

• Carissa
    Dedicated September 2018
    Carissa ·
    • Flag

My hubby is in factory work but is allergic to metal. We got saferingz silicone rings, they are a but more expensive if you get the metallic ones like I did (because they definitely look more like real metal) He wears them all the time, He got a stainless steel but it still breaks him out. Saferingz metal style were $40 for 3 and they are sooo nice and look real.

• Quinta Nikkole
    Dedicated May 2019
    Quinta Nikkole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That is what my FH is getting.

Comment on this discussion