R
Just Said Yes May 2020

Wedding Band Advice

Regina, on October 18, 2019 at 4:08 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved Save

Hello! I got engaged July 2018 and the wedding is in May. My engagement ring is a tension setting. I am starting to look for wedding band choices. Does anyone have any advice on what type of band to get? I feel like a straight band will look odd under the spiral like setting. I know there are bands that are shaped to fit the tension setting kind of like a puzzle piece, but I am having a hard time finding examples online.

7 Comments

• Jeanie
    Super February 2020
    Jeanie ·
    • Flag
    I would go to a local jeweler and see what they recommend. Even if you don’t find something you love, they should have tons of books for you to look through that you can find ideas of what you like. You may end up wanting to get a custom wedding band.
  • Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I would go to a jeweler and look at all the options they have. Remember they can custom make one for you and it’s really not any more expensive than buying one. I had my engagement ring and wedding band designed and made for me.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hi Regina! Your ring sounds beautiful! Welcome to the community!

Do you have any idea where your engagement ring was purchased? Often times, jewelers will stock wedding bands that were designed to go with specific engagement rings. That would be a great place to start.

If you are entirely unsure about what style of ring you would like, I would definitely recommend visiting a jeweler and just trying different styles on. Even if you don’t find your perfect ring, you will be able to narrow down the type you like with your engagement ring.

Would you like to share a photo of your beautiful ring? You could definitely check out this discussion!

Brides of 2020! Show us your ring!

• R
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Regina ·
    • Flag

Thanks for the info guys! Even though the engagement ring was custom made, I never thought to look into it for the band. That makes so much sense lol It was purchased through Brian Gavin, online.

Engagement RingWedding Band Advice 1

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Your ring is beautiful Regina! 😍

• R
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Regina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! Smiley smile And he picked it out all bu himself lol

• W
    Devoted September 2020
    Willow ·
    • Flag
    I would own the assymetry and do a curvy band for sure. You can also look into ring wraps. Check Etsy for "cluster ring" and "chevron ring"
    I have a bypass so I feel your struggle

Comment on this discussion