Tina
Savvy August 2021

Wearing Your Wedding Dress The Whole Time or Changing?

Tina, on July 16, 2021 at 1:09 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 33
Saved
Is everyone wearing dress the whole time or are you changing after a little bit?

33 Comments

Latest activity by Tatyanna, on September 6, 2021 at 5:07 PM
  • SHY
    Master January 2022
    SHY ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing a dress the entire time, but I'll be wearing one for the ceremony, and a different one for the reception.

• Jess
    Devoted January 2022
    Jess ·
    • Flag
    I’m wearing my dress the whole time. The way I see it I will only ever wear my wedding dress once and I want to take advantage of it lol! My mom did suggest to change because I have a ballgown but nope tenor.gif

• M
    VIP January 2019
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I wore my dress the whole time, but I did make sure to buy something that I would be comfortable in for the whole day.

• Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

Wearing it the whole day. You only get one wedding which is anywhere from 3 hours to 12+ on one day and wedding dresses cost way too much to only wear for 60 minutes total. When you are trying on dresses, make sure you can move easily in it and that it is light enough to wear all day.

• Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

For my minimony I wore my dress the whole time and I plan to wear my original wedding dress the whole time for the ceremony (it hasn't been worn yet)

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I wore mine the entire time.

i do see the appeal of changing out though because a wedding dress can be kind of heavy and annoying to move around in

• AJ
    Super October 2022
    AJ ·
    • Flag

I'll be wearing mine the duration of the ceremony/reception

• Meghan
    Expert September 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

Wearing mine the entire time! I don't think I'm ever going to want to take it off!!!

• Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

I wore mine the entire time. It was the most I've ever spent on a dress so why take it off before I have to

• Emilia
    Expert June 2019
    Emilia ·
    • Flag

I wore my dress the whole time, it's now or never ;-)

• Ashlee
    Expert September 2022
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing my one dress for the entire time.

*edit* I did make sure that the dress I bought was not too heavy and that I could sit in it. I will have to have a bustle put in so that I can dance but they pinned it to simulate so I could feel any weight difference

• Erin
    Expert May 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag

I wore mine the whole time and it didn't come off until my husband took it off that night at the cabin we stayed in for our honeymoon

• Ariel
    Dedicated August 2021
    Ariel ·
    • Flag

Definitely wearing mine the whole time, I am debating taking off my overskirt though

• Nisha
    Expert May 2022
    Nisha ·
    • Flag
    I plan to wear it the whole time. As much as wedding dresses cost, I wanna get all the use out of it that I can. If we ever renew our vows I'm wearing it again, and again. Hell, we might do some role play in it too. I'm gonna be like Tiffany Haddish was with her first awards dress. 🤣🤣
  • AB
    Devoted September 2022
    AB ·
    • Flag
    My bff changed into jeans and a jacket because it was so cold (September in the mountains) and so her dress wouldn’t catch on fire from the bonfire we made. Plus that is just who she is, so she went for it 🙂
  • Katherine
    Expert October 2021
    Katherine ·
    • Flag
    I am wearing my dress the whole time. To me personally I find it's a waste to change. I love my dress and want to enjoy it the one time wearing it.
  • Ariel
    Devoted October 2021
    Ariel ·
    • Flag
    I bought a second dress, but now I’m thinking I want to wear my wedding dress the whole time. I’m going to see how I’m feeling about it after my last fitting. If I end up wearing my dress the whole time, I’ll where the other dress for the rehearsal dinner.
  • Makeba
    Devoted September 2022
    Makeba ·
    • Flag
    Definitely wearing the whole time. That will be the most expensive dress I buy, so I need to get my moneys worth 😂.
  • Samantha
    Expert December 2021
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I'm wearing the same dress from start to finish. I LOVE my dress and can't wait to wear it! It's the most money I've ever spent on a dress and I want to soak it in the entire time. I also plan on wearing it for our 5 year vow renewal...he just doesn't know it yet 😹
  • Ingrid
    Dedicated September 2022
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag

Wearing the same dress the entire time. I chose my dress that won't be falling down, or get in the way and my daughter was there when I picked it out so I couldn't imagine changing out of it!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics