Natalie
Savvy July 2020

Venue Setup/decorations Ideas..

Natalie, on October 16, 2019 at 12:29 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 8
Saved Save

VenueVenue Setup/decorations Ideas.. 1

Hello! We are getting married July 11, 2020. Our reception will be at a Theatre venue. I'm stuck on what to do with the stage. Set the DJ up there? Our Mr. & Mrs. table? But I feel that's not convenient. Hang drapery to make it smaller? We'll be moving the chairs off the wooden floor to make it a dance floor. Also, the curtains are a deep green. I think once we set the Lights to a less brighter setting, you won't notice the color much. (Our wedding colors are Lavender, white, and soft blue)

8 Comments

• Cristy
    Rockstar May 2020
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

I think that looks like a great spot for the DJ. You could also put him off to one side, and use the rest of the stage area for the gift/card table, cake/dessert table, guest book, memorial table, or photo booth, if you are having any of those things.

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I agree that the DJ would look good up on stage!

• M
    Savvy May 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    My vote is also on the DJ. It's right in front of the dance floor, and gives him a good view of the guests so he can better read the room.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Natalie! I also think that this would be a great place to set your DJ up. It will keep him in a great spot in front of the dance floor, but also he is out of the way and not taking up floor space that you could utilize for something else.

• Dayna
    Devoted March 2021
    Dayna ·
    • Flag

We toured one venue that also had a stage. They said most couples put the DJ or band up there, while a few do a head table or just curtain it off completely. Your stage looks much further from the tables than the one we saw, so I think DJ is the best option.

• Natalie
    Savvy July 2020
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

Thank you ladies! I think that is what we will end up doing- making it the DJ's spot Smiley smile

• Tara
    Super November 2016
    Tara ·
    • Flag
    Seems like a great space for the DJ, especially if the dance floor will be directly in front of that! Beautiful space.
  • Sherry
    Rockstar September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

Looks like a great spot for the DJ!

Comment on this discussion