Elizabeth
Dedicated October 2021

Veil or Not?

Elizabeth, on October 26, 2020 at 9:07 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved Save

I plan on wearing the blue dress below for my wedding dress and a Black Watch tartan shawl. I also plan on wear a flower crown with carnations and baby's breath, maybe ferns. Would a long veil look alright with all of that?

Veil or Not? 1

Veil or Not? 2

11 Comments

Latest activity by Elizabeth, on October 28, 2020 at 1:28 PM
  • M
    Super October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    It might be busy because the shawl substitutes for the veil. But try on the whole ensemble to see what you think.
  • L
    Dedicated May 2021
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag
    Are you wearing the shawl down the isle? If so I think the shawl and a veil may look a little busy, but it also depends on the style of the veil and the look you’re going for. If you don’t care that things may look a little busy then go for it! It’s all about personal preference on your day.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I would skip the veil

• Brittany
    Dedicated December 2021
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    I would say it would depend if you plan to wear all of it together if yes then it could be a bit much but if not you could always switch the veil and the shawl before going down the aisle.
  • Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Elizabeth! I definitely don't think you need a veil with the rest of your accessories, but you could attach a long tulle veil to the back of your flower crown if you want that extra touch!

I did some pinterest searching for inspiration pictures, but mainly see pictures of brides in tartan veils with just the flower crown:

Veil or Not? 3

Photo by Regenweibchen Photography

Veil or Not? 4

Photo by Sarah Goss Photography

• Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

A veil attached to the back of the flower crown is not the look that I want at all. I'm think a drop veil might do the trick. The first photo in this thread is what inspired me to start thinking about a veil.

https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/bam-10-24-2020-sneak-peak/af6640fbc343f066.html

• Griswold
    May 2019
    Griswold ·
    • Flag

That looks awesome. Any chance the groom is considering a classic black watch dinner jacket?

Smiley smile Smiley heart

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That is such a gorgeous drop veil!! 😍

I've never worn one, so I'm not sure how you'd secure it once you lift the veil over your face, but here are some pretty inspo pics of brides with flower crowns and a drop veil!

Veil or Not? 5

Photo by Allison Harp

Veil or Not? 6

Photo from Arzus on Etsy

• Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I'm not sure, either. I'm thinking maybe it'll have to be attached to the flower crown somehow.
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I can't get the picture to post. But, I am planning on a navy blue suit with a baby blue shirt and a Mossy Oak Winter camo vest and bowtie.
  • Elizabeth
    Dedicated October 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics