Dq'enterprise
Savvy April 2022

Untraditional Wedding Ideas

Dq'enterprise, on October 6, 2021 at 11:59 PM

Posted in Planning 56

Hey Ladies, Are you guys having Untraditional weddings?Im thinking of doing blue & gold for my wedding dress since this is my 2nd wedding I don't want to have it as traditional as my 1st wedding. I am looking to makes every aspect relevant to me and my SO. Tell me about some unique or...
Hey Ladies,

Are you guys having Untraditional weddings?Im thinking of doing blue & gold for my wedding dress since this is my 2nd wedding I don't want to have it as traditional as my 1st wedding. I am looking to makes every aspect relevant to me and my SO.
Tell me about some unique or Untraditional wedding plans you have.

56 Comments

• Michelle
    Rockstar October 2022
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    We’re skipping a lot of stuff that WW says is commonplace because it’s not heard of in our families or social circles.

We will not have any signage beyond the buffet tables and bar. No reception entrances or announcements. No MC talking over everything. No bridesmaid proposal boxes, no robes/pjs/jewelry gifts. No champagne and no toasts period. Our guests don’t drink beer or wine so we are only serving liquor and mixed drinks in addition to non alcoholic choices. A cocktail hour is common on WW but it is not done at our families and friends so we will have it brand new for them. Most of our guests are friends whom we consider to be family because many blood relatives are toxic so there is no contact. We will be dismissing the rows as the receiving line and bypassing all table visits. We are considering a photo booth and we’re talking about a tattoo artist come in. Instead of the typical 3 hr tops ceremony and cake reception that is common in our families, we are having the party last as long as possible with delicious food. We just haven’t nailed down a menu yet. I don’t own anything white and it’s not a flattering color on me so I’m debating a black or dark red dress.
  • Dq'enterprise
    Savvy April 2022
    Dq'enterprise ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I always loved gold but my FH loves the royal blue. Plus it's a great color to incorporate royal pieces of African history. I hope your wedding turns out great.
  • Dq'enterprise
    Savvy April 2022
    Dq'enterprise ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Okay okay okay. Thats a lot to change but I love that you guys love yourself enough to know how to make the celebration worth it. Also, I absolutely love the idea of a tattoo party. That's a really good way to entertain your guest and keep the vibe going. I also love your wedding color ideas. I would love to see your dress when its available.......
  • Emilia
    Expert June 2019
    Emilia ·
    • Flag

Hi ! We did a lot of "untraditional" stuff, as we are both from different countries, so for one side or another, there was a lot of unccommon stuff ;-)

• Alex
    Just Said Yes May 2022
    Alex ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This all sounds awesome! Good luck Smiley smile
  • N
    Savvy May 2021
    Netasha ·
    • Flag
    I did a non traditional wedding. I wore a jumpsuit with a skirt (ivory) and my bridesmaids wore jumpsuits as well. It turned out beautifully and completely unexpected.🤗
  • S
    Just Said Yes November 2022
    Shante ·
    • Flag
    This is my first wedding am I’m planning on a champagne or gold dress . 🤷🏽‍♀️
  • Shannon
    Dedicated October 2023
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    Untraditional Wedding Ideas 1

Untraditional Wedding Ideas 2

Untraditional Wedding Ideas 3

Untraditional Wedding Ideas 4
    Pretty sure this will be my dress!
  • Joy
    Just Said Yes January 2023
    Joy ·
    • Flag
    First off, my ring is quite non-traditional. 18k black gold with a natural ruby center stone.

Untraditional Wedding Ideas 5

We will be doing two events, a ceremony & reception with family on the east cost and a reception with friends on the west coast where we live. So I'm planning to be super extra about it. I want to do a two dress wedding with a more traditional white dress for the ceremony and a black/white or black/nude dress for the first reception. Second reception, I'm gonna wear a red ball gown.
    I literally just got engaged two days ago so there's a lot of time to figure out what else we will be doing that isn't traditional, but I'm sure there will be a lot because I've never been much for tradition and this is his second wedding so he's already done all the typical stuff.
  • Dq'enterprise
    Savvy April 2022
    Dq'enterprise ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love that color So romantic!
  • Shannon
    Dedicated October 2023
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! We pushed the wedding back a year, but who knows if this will be the dress until then.
  • Dq'enterprise
    Savvy April 2022
    Dq'enterprise ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Its so crazy because we just decided to push our official wedding back but get married at the court house so we can buy our house 1st. Then we can have a wedding a few years in but definitely still getting my dream dress.
  • Dq'enterprise
    Savvy April 2022
    Dq'enterprise ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love the idea of changing dresses for each event. Check out lalamira for cheap dresses to make your budget stretch. I am in the same boat with 2nd marriage so I'm not rushing things but its super exciting when you 1st get engaged. Congrats and good luck planning.
  • Shannon
    Dedicated October 2023
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's our thing too. We're both paying rent and it's so much more cost effective to buy a house. I have pets and between us, we have three boys so finding a suitable rental around here is almost impossible.
  • Alishia
    Beginner October 2022
    Alishia ·
    • Flag

Hey! This is also my second wedding and we are doing things so non-tradition! Make it all about you and your SO. We aren't doing the garter or bouquet toss. Instead doing an anniversary dance. We aren't having cake, instead my fiancé is doing Pie and I am doing cheese cake or maybe a strawberry shortcake for me lol I'm not entirely sure just yet lol. Do what feels right to you and your person! Congrats btw!

• Joy
    Just Said Yes January 2023
    Joy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Oooh thank you! I will check that out. BTW, the blue is amazing on you!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics