Skip to main content
C
Just Said Yes October 2022

Unsure about my dress….is this too formal for backyard wedding?

Caitlin, on May 20, 2022 at 10:14 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 12
Saved
When we started planing our wedding, we had a sort of decent budget, and we planned to have it at this modern-looking farm house and our guests would wear cocktail attire. But some things happened, as they do, and our budget got chopped in half. I already bought the dress before that happened but now we’re having our wedding in our backyard. It’s a big backyard with trees and stone walkways and things but it will be more casual and with only 20 people.
Im really stressing out about my dress. A big part of me thinks it’s too dressy now. I don’t know what to do. What do you guys think? I’d ask my fiancé but i don’t want to show him what it looks like. Unsure about my dress….is this too formal for backyard wedding? 1

12 Comments

Latest activity by Taylor, on May 27, 2022 at 2:28 AM
  • W
    Super September 2020
    Willow ·
    • Flag
    That dress is beautiful and please don't worry about it. There's no such thing as too formal for a wedding. We went all out for our 9 guest backyard wedding, and we are so glad we did. The photos look fantastic. I wore a lacy dress with a train and cathedral veil, my husband was in a tux, my dad was in a 3 piece suit, my mom and grandma wore big dresses.

That would look so pretty with a double layered fingertip veil and a rose gold necklace!
  • JM Sunshine
    JM Sunshine ·
    • Flag
    Your dress is beautiful but yet lovely for a backyard wedding! I think it's perfect!
  • Leslie
    Dedicated December 2022
    Leslie ·
    • Flag
    Dress is beautiful I would go all out regardless of wedding is big or small tbh it’s ur special day you deserve to get your dream dress and plus it’ll look gorgeous in pictures✨
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    I think that dress is quite versatile! And too beautiful on you not to wear. Go for it.
  • devotedlydavis
    Expert March 2022
    devotedlydavis ·
    • Flag
    I think it is very whimsical and will be perfect for a backyard wedding. Don’t stress, it’s going to look beautiful under that tree.
  • Ashlee
    Rockstar September 2022
    Ashlee ·
    • Flag

WEAR THE DRESS! It's gorgeous on you! Backyard or not, your wedding is a wedding that you deserve to feel perfect at!

• Bird
    Expert June 2021
    Bird ·
    • Flag
    I had a backyard wedding and wore a fancy wedding dress. My guests were encouraged to wear “dressy casual” and my family members were in cocktail dresses and suits and ties. Was not weird at all! If you love your dress, I think you should go with it!
  • Makeba
    Devoted September 2022
    Makeba ·
    • Flag
    I would totally wear that! Very elegant and classy.
  • Sloane
    Rockstar May 2022
    Sloane ·
    • Flag
    Absolutely perfect for a backyard wedding. I love it.
  • Paige
    Rockstar October 2022
    Paige ·
    • Flag

I love your dress, and I think it's perfect for a backyard wedding!

• C
    Just Said Yes October 2022
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    OP here….I just wanted to say thank you to everyone! You all made my doubts disappear

!
  • Taylor
    Rockstar October 2022
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    Wow your dress is gorgeous on you

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics