leahrowland
Just Said Yes October 2021

Uneven wedding party, so only some standing?

leahrowland, on July 29, 2021 at 3:43 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 5
Saved

My fiance wants his best friend to be his best man but doesn't want any other groomsmen. I am choosing my best friend as my MOH but also want my sisters to be bridesmaids. However, to keep it even during the ceremony I'll just have MOH stand. MOH will be in sage green (any style dress), and I've asked my sisters to wear the other two wedding colors (one in burgundy, one in blush, also any style they prefer). I want this for pictures and also because they will be with me during the day and helping me get ready (my older sister will be doing my makeup, my younger sister will be doing my hair, they'll be helping me make sure things are ready to go, etc.). One of my sisters is insisting this isn't traditional and shouldn't be done. Am I way off the mark here?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Sarah, on July 29, 2021 at 8:42 PM
  • Yasmine
    Rockstar October 2020
    Yasmine Online ·
    • Flag
    It's completely up to you. My husband has 8 groomsmen and I have 6 bridesmaids for our upcoming wedding. It doesn't matter they they are uneven, but it's completely up to you!
  • KYLIE
    Super May 2019
    KYLIE ·
    • Flag
    They can stand if you want, but we just had our MOH and BM stand and the rest of the party sit. My girls were grateful to sit and not have to stand in their heels!
  • Jacks
    Master September 2019
    Jacks ·
    • Flag

It's fine if they're uneven, honestly. Either way works.

• B
    Devoted August 2022
    Bride2Be ·
    • Flag
    You should let them stand up there with you! Nothing wrong with there being uneven sides! Personally if I was someone’s bridesmaid I would be so sad if I wasn’t allowed to stand up with the bride after spending all the money they have to!
  • S
    Devoted September 2022
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    If I were a bridesmaid I would want to stand with you and be sad if I were asked to sit. But I would still do what the bride asked because it’s what she wants. If you’re only concern is it being uneven, I think it’ll look just fine. I’ve seen tons of weddings with uneven sides.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics