FutureMrsThomas
Dedicated April 2017

TWO MONTHS UNTIL MY WEDDING!! BARE NECESSITIES?

FutureMrsThomas, on February 22, 2017 at 10:13 AM Posted in Planning 0 28
Saved

It hit me at 5:45a this morning when I woke up and couldn't go back to bed - I only have 2 months left until my wedding and I feel like I still have a million things to do...hence the picture of me taking a shot lol. The Knot doesn't help matters either with their extra items to add to my checklist, which is why I definitely prefer WW :-)

Any other brides feeling anxious? And for those who have already successfully walked down the aisle, anything I need to make sure I do in the next 2 months? Like is it necessary to have a guest book, programs, welcome bags and champagne flutes? And is it awful we haven't planned our honeymoon yet (we aren't going right away).

28 Comments

Latest activity by Chelsea, on February 23, 2017 at 4:27 PM
  • A. L.
    Master July 2017
    A. L. ·
    • Flag

"Like is it necessary to have a guest book, programs, welcome bags and champagne flutes? "

Nope. All of those things are if you have extra money and feel like spending it. None of those things are going to contribute to your wedding day.

• mrsmack
    VIP April 2017
    mrsmack ·
    • Flag

I feel this 1000% lol. We still have a lot to do. We are nixing a guest book, and programs are an unnecessary expense IMO, so if you don't have those, I wouldn't stress over them. If you're not going on your honeymoon, planning it can definitely wait. We just booked ours a couple of weeks ago. Try to take it one day at a time and focus on one task at a time, otherwise it's easy to get overwhelmed.

• MeetTheHamiltons
    Master April 2017
    MeetTheHamiltons ·
    • Flag

I would consider getting a cheap guest book; you can find them online. Programs and welcome bags are all optional. I would see if your venue can provide champagne glasses. I am overwhelmed as well, April is approaching us quickly!!

• Space Princess
    VIP April 2017
    Space Princess ·
    • Flag

Me too can't believe it's almost here!!

• Van Pear
    VIP January 2017
    Van Pear ·
    • Flag

A guest book is a nice way to include your guests and let them give well wishes, and is a cute thing to read through when the wedding is over. Programs are definitely not necessary though. Welcome bags are a nice gesture, but a lot to put together for two months left.

My venue provided champagne flutes for the dinner. If you mean for yourselves, I ended up getting two sets as wedding gifts, so I didn't even have to worry about it! You should wait to see.

As for the honeymoon, H and I have only started planning ours yesterday! We're going in May/June, so we didn't want to worry about it until after the wedding craze was over.

• Sara
    Master April 2017
    Sara ·
    • Flag

I'm getting married the day before you and this realization hit me yesterday lol. None of the things you listed are a necessity. I'm feeling pretty calm right now believe it or not.

Im just anxious about getting RSVPs back because I'm afraid we wont meet our 150 person minimum.

• SleepytheDwarf
    Master June 2017
    SleepytheDwarf ·
    • Flag

I thought this post was going to be about lingerie and I'm a little disappointed.

None of the things you mentioned are necessary.

• Ms. Tee
    Super April 2017
    Ms. Tee ·
    • Flag

YUP! I have been overwhelmed this week and it is only Wednesday! Just trying to stay on top of my to do list. I found a free template for a program on Pinterest, that I may end up doing. We are finally going to put our menu together today, since I venue likes to wait until two months before.

And that outfit is GORGEOUS!!!

• Ms. Tee
    Super April 2017
    Ms. Tee ·
    • Flag

@sara- what happens if you don't meet your minimum? Do you add more items or just have to count it as a loss? this has started to be one of my concerns as well. I finally got my printer to print my envelopes and they are going out tomorrow..

• Future Mrs. Hill
    Devoted November 2017
    Future Mrs. Hill ·
    • Flag

I just came here to say I LOVE the dress you are wearing in your picture. Good luck!

• Cassidie
    Dedicated September 2017
    Cassidie ·
    • Flag

We are skipping programs and not having any champagne at all (My FH hates it and I only like it if it's in a mimosa), but I am putting together a yearbook style guestbook on Snapfish or Shutterfly using our engagement pics. Both of the sites have sales regularly and I didn't want a big book of just guest names. I feel like we will go back and look at a photo book a lot more often.

• Y
    Dedicated April 2017
    Yariela ·
    • Flag

Hi Wedding date twin !!!! i am soooo nervous ... this saturday is my Kate Spade Bridal shower and i am so excited and anxious . OMG !!!!! only 2 months left . love you dress btw !!!

• Jennifer VR
    VIP April 2017
    Jennifer VR ·
    • Flag

Yeah, today was a real panic for me ... sooo much to do and those days are ticking by

• AshMar
    Master April 2017
    AshMar ·
    • Flag

Same. My wedding is a week after yours. Just think: in one month, you'll have one month left. That's so insane. I feel like I still have so much to do.

• A
    Devoted May 2017
    Angela ·
    • Flag

I have a little over two months left- and all the stress I've been under has led me to consider a Day Of Coordinator! We aren't doing a menu or program- I am doing welcome bags, but they are fairly easy to put together and my hotel just asks that I have them the day before so they can place them in people's rooms for me! I hope you have supportive family and friends to help get you through the next couple of months!

• SuYa
    Master April 2017
    SuYa ·
    • Flag

I feel you OP. I'm like 42 days away and counting... the only thing on your list that I am doing is welcome bags. My guests are traveling far to attend my wedding, so it is the least I can do for them. Everything else I am skipping.

ETA: love your dress OP! Where is it from?

• FutureMrsThomas
    Dedicated April 2017
    FutureMrsThomas ·
    • Flag

Thank you all so much for the helpful advice it's so comforting knowing that we're pretty much all in the same boat lol. I like the story book idea to serve as the guestbook and will def ask my venue if they will provide us with glasses. Still on the fence about the welcome bags but will prolly scratch the programs.

And yall are all so sweet with the dress compliments! @SuYa I first saw the dress on Instagram and then saw that it was from a boutique out of London. When I go home I'll take a look at the tag to see if it has the name of the place. I loved it too :-)

• FutureMrsThomas
    Dedicated April 2017
    FutureMrsThomas ·
    • Flag

@sherri my fiance wants a beachside destination that is his only requirement and we have already been to the Bahamas, Mexico, Jamaica together and then I did Puerto Rico for my bachelorette party. My preference is somewhere in Europe and we are open to flying outta NY to get a better ticket price!

• EM
    Master April 2017
    EM ·
    • Flag

@Sherri you can't advertise on WW.

• Sara
    Master April 2017
    Sara ·
    • Flag

@Ms. Tee --if we dont have 150 guests we still have to pay for those plates, even though the food wont actually be cooked. Our contracts states that we cannot bring any food or drink in or take any out so packaging those extra meals isnt even an option.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics