Sara
VIP October 2010

tulle vs organza

Sara, on June 9, 2010 at 2:09 AM Posted in Planning 0 16
Saved Save

I am planning on doing some draping on the drop ceiling *with christmas lights* as well as draping around the head table and from shepherd hook to shepherd hook to line the aisles... Im looking at buying alot of this stuff... Tulle is about 1/3rd the price but are my guests going to be able to tell the difference.. or does it really matter?? suggestions

16 Comments

• K
    VIP October 2011
    Krystal ·

I thought they always used Tulle TBH

• jlam
    Master August 2011
    jlam ·

I say go with the tulle. Save money where you can!

• Susan E. Lanzara
    August 2019
    Susan E. Lanzara ·

I think the tulle also. Organza is a much stiffer fabric and will not drape as well. Your other option would be chiffon - very drapy but heavy.

Working with the tulle will be much easier.

Also - Check the fire codes about using fabric with lights as some of those little lights get hot.

• Mrs. Jacques
    Master July 2010
    Mrs. Jacques ·

I thought that's what most people use is tulle, I am using white shimmer tulle- Love it!

• C
    VIP October 2010
    Christie ·

The toole will be beautiful. A lot of brides use it. It won't look cheap to the guests.

• ladylee
    Master June 2010
    ladylee ·

Use tulle. Just be careful of the consistency you buy. I was planning on using organza b/c I too was concerned about the tulle looking cheap. But I couldn't find organza that didn't have a shimmer to it that wasn't cheap/stiff. I got my tulle at Hobby Lobby and I was very pleased with its consitency. Here's a couple of pics. I actually ran out of time and didn't get to do as much draping as I'd intended.

• Mrs Danie
    Master October 2010
    Mrs Danie ·

I say go with tulle. Definately.

• J.S.
    Master June 2010
    J.S. ·

Tulle--and don't forget about 50% off/40%off coupons Joann's has!

• Sara
    VIP October 2010
    Sara ·

Thanks for the advice... I will most likely be doing my purchasing online... I Love taking advantage of those coupons but the nearest one is 100 miles away so it kinda sucks...

TUlle It is! That makes me feel better!

• Shannon  McFadden
    August 2019
    Shannon McFadden ·

I'm a little late, but i also agree with tulle, if you need a bulk supplies i'd be happy to get ya some estimates.

shannon@shaeseventresources.com

• Sara
    VIP October 2010
    Sara ·

Shannon that would be great... not really sure how much I need... we want to do the chairs... 17 rows of folding chairs on both sides, some on the arch and in the reception location.

• The O-fficial MrsJoseph!
    Master September 2010
    The O-fficial MrsJoseph! ·

Tulle - I was in the same boat as LL (Hey girl, what ARE you doing here?? shouldn't you be somewhere with a drink that has a paper umbrella in it?!)

Finding the right organza will be too much $$$

• Sara
    VIP October 2010
    Sara ·

So how much tulle did you buy?

• Charlotte
    Super June 2010
    Charlotte ·

Jenn: Where do you find these coupons of great value?!

• Mrs. Jacques
    Master July 2010
    Mrs. Jacques ·
  • Sara
    VIP October 2010
    Sara ·

Im sure its pretty but just not in my budget... wish I had the extra money but I just dont... so far the cheapest I have found is $14 for a bolt of 40 yards...

Comment on this discussion