Darnell
Savvy November 2020

Too much wedding talk

Darnell, on February 9, 2020 at 11:07 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 16
Saved Save
Is it normal for you to talk about your special day way to much while being engaged? I feel like it gets on people's nerves.

16 Comments

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    It's normal
    It's an exciting time for you. I know how you feel though i felt like I talked about it a lot when I was engaged aha
  • Darnell
    Savvy November 2020
    Darnell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yess!! And it's bad the other day I found myself going on and on and on about it and when I looked up half the people I was talking to were gone🤦🏾‍♂️😂😂😂
  • Kathryn
    Rockstar August 2020
    Kathryn ·
    • Flag
    Yep. I had to catch myself and only chatter away with people who want to hear about it - my mom and my FH specitically.
  • Darnell
    Savvy November 2020
    Darnell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Definitely am goin to half to
  • Daisey
    Dedicated November 2020
    Daisey ·
    • Flag
    I try to get all my wedding excitement out on these forms. I thought I was doing pretty good with not over talking about it. My man comes home from work and is like “ok, don’t pretend you don’t want to talk about the wedding”. Oh well, I tried!haha
  • Onya
    Devoted April 2021
    Onya ·
    • Flag
    I️ talk About it too much because I’m excited and have some many things I️ need To choose and narrow down.
  • Monica
    Savvy October 2020
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Personally I think it depends on who you are with. My bridesmaids hear me talk about it a lot bc we are still planning but some of my friends are getting tired of hearing about it. But most people understand bc it’s a big deal and a judge occasion. But I feel like you have to keep in mind the timing as well cuz like talking about a wedding that’s a year away may get in peoples nerves but makes more sense to hear more closer to the date...if that all makes sense.
  • Kaysey
    Super February 2020
    Kaysey ·
    • Flag

It's totally normal! All I did was talk about the wedding and ideas for the wedding for the first few months. Then after we set a date I took some time and enjoyed being engaged before we started planning Smiley smile

• Kristen
    Rockstar November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

Yeah we all talk too much. That is why I come to these forums to be able to talk it all out and I try to limit it with friends lol.

• Amanda
    Savvy November 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t think I was going to be one of those brides that talk about their wedding nonstop but I definitely am haha I think some people are definitely as interested in hearing about the planning as I am but others not so much. The ones that aren’t just tune me out and that’s fine by me. As I’m sure everyone else is, I’m just excited and want to share that with those around me- I can’t help it! Smiley smile
  • Darnell
    Savvy November 2020
    Darnell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol yea seems to be what I may half to do lol
  • Darnell
    Savvy November 2020
    Darnell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Exactly!!!!! Lol my point but I I feel like I bore ppl 😂
  • Darnell
    Savvy November 2020
    Darnell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you that makes alot of sens.
  • Darnell
    Savvy November 2020
    Darnell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awesome 👍 kinda sounds like me right about now! I'm taking the time to enjoy the engagement.
  • Darnell
    Savvy November 2020
    Darnell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Most definitely thanks alot.
  • Darnell
    Savvy November 2020
    Darnell ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Omg Amanda that exactly how I feel. But for the ones who ignore me I sometimes wonder. Are they tunninge out cus I won't shut up? ooooorr are they tunning me out because it's not their moment, or because they may feel they'll never reach this point? .... Idk lol I would love to form a weekly group talk between soon to be brides over wine, cheers n crackers and deserts. Lol but I have no friends

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics