Chantal
Dedicated October 2020

To Favor or Not to Favor

Chantal, on May 13, 2019 at 11:14 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 73
Saved Save
Okay we are definitely hitting a Dilemma!! So a wedding is already costly!! We are already paying for unlimited drinks, food, the venue, music, decorations lol! We live in the Atlanta area so all of those things are super costly especially the venue 馃槱! So i feel like this is the favor lol but i really have no idea what to really do! Because i don鈥檛 want to be rude but we also don鈥檛 want to add more cost. Are Favors Mandatory??? And if you have any ideas for a not so costly favor??

73 Comments

• Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K
    • Flag

You could definitely skip them! Not necessary.

• Jessica
    VIP June 2020
    Jessica
    • Flag

You don't have to do them! We are doing them but we are making homemade chocolates and bought fridge magnets that say just married with out names and date and say something like thank you for sharing our day with us. Chocolates will cost about $50 to make and all the magnets we got off of Etsy for about $90.

• Abby
    VIP March 2019
    Abby
    • Flag
    They aren't necessary and most people won't even think about it. You can just skip them! We did!
  • Chantal
    Dedicated October 2020
    Chantal
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Great to her!!! Thanks! I think i just needed that reassurance lol
  • Chantal
    Dedicated October 2020
    Chantal
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Awww that鈥檚 really nice i can definitely think of doing some home made chocolate dipped pretzels!! Maybe just have to think of how to keep the cost down! Thank you for the advice!!
  • Chantal
    Dedicated October 2020
    Chantal
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you i just needed that reassurance i guess lol
  • Formerbride
    VIP June 2019
    Formerbride
    • Flag
    We aren't doing favors. I'd rather put money elsewhere and I don't need one more thing to be in charge of lol.
  • Meghan
    VIP October 2019
    Meghan
    • Flag

I do not think they are mandatory or necessary. We are having a photo booth at our wedding which will have our wedding info on the bottom of the strip and whatever else we choose. We are counting this as our favor. I see things the way you see... I am already feeding you and providing you with an open bar! I don't think I need to give you a gift to leave with Smiley laugh

• Chantal
    Dedicated October 2020
    Chantal
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    LOL YES Meghan we definitely feel the same page!!! And a lot of wedding goers don鈥檛 understand that!
  • Hannah
    VIP July 2019
    Hannah
    • Flag
    I honestly never take the favors at weddings unless they're edible. I don't need a succulent plant or a mason jar glass. We opted not to do favors. They are just an added expensive. Even with the edible ones. We are already feeding you cake and a lot of other assorted desserts.
  • Chantal
    Dedicated October 2020
    Chantal
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol that鈥檚 so completely true!! 馃槀馃槀
  • Emily
    Expert April 2020
    Emily
    • Flag

We chose not to give out favors because we are providing an open bar. I feel like people would appreciate that much more than a trinket or whatnot that'd they'd either throw away or forget to even take!

• Brittany
    Dedicated August 2020
    Brittany
    • Flag
    Definitely not necessary. You could always do something inexpensive such as a smallbpicture frame with your fav picture of you & groom if you feel obligated!
  • Mandi
    VIP March 2020
    Mandi
    • Flag
    Feel free to skip!
    We're doing a photobooth and cups. But we want a photobooth and any leftover cups will be used by us in the coming years.
  • Chantal
    Dedicated October 2020
    Chantal
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Okay I鈥檓 so happy to hear people are thinking that same way!!! Thank you Hannah!!
  • Meghan
    VIP October 2019
    Meghan
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I honestly never expect a favor when I go to a wedding. And when I get one I usually lose it, or it dies (if it is a plant), or my dog gets a hold of it and eats it (if its edible). Don't waste your money Smiley smile

• Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride
    • Flag
    Skip. Favors have fallen out of favor the past decade. Not necessary. 馃槉
  • Justine
    Dedicated August 2019
    Justine
    • Flag
    Favors are not mandatory. In fact, contrary! They are ususally not even wanted tbh. Trust me, save your money because you will be annoyed with all the favors you see people leave behind.
  • Tonia
    Expert October 2019
    Tonia
    • Flag

Our favors are more for practicality. We are doing pashminas for the ceremony because it is outdoors. I feel like men don't really care about the favors, so it will be more so for the women.

• bethf
    Devoted August 2019
    bethf
    • Flag

I am doing food for this reason, or I would just skip it lol Food favors you "use" and they are cheaper Smiley smile

I see no issue with skipping it though!

Comment on this discussion