Kristen
Master November 2020

The something blue

Kristen, on November 9, 2019 at 10:41 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 38

Hello ladies. So I wanted to ask you all what suggestions do you have for incorporating the Something Blue on your wedding day? My dress is going to be in Ivory / champagne color and my veil as of right now is white but I think I'm going to exchange it for an ivory color to better match the dress....
Hello ladies. So I wanted to ask you all what suggestions do you have for incorporating the Something Blue on your wedding day? My dress is going to be in Ivory / champagne color and my veil as of right now is white but I think I'm going to exchange it for an ivory color to better match the dress. If I choose to get my own bouquet as opposed to the one that the elopement package at the resort provides the wedding colors I would love to have, especially because we will be getting married in the fall, would be burgundy and Peach. I'm wondering how I can in a sneaky way incorporate the something blue into the tradition of my wedding day. What are you ladies doing? What are your suggestions? Thank you so much!

38 Comments

• Lissete
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Lissete ·
    • Flag
    I’ve seen brides paint their toes if they aren’t showing blue. Or a small blue hair pin. I also have seen the bottom of the brides shoes painted blue
  • Yoice
    VIP March 2019
    Yoice ·
    • Flag
    I added to my shoe as decal. Didn’t change the all white vision I had because you couldn’t really see it but it was there. I didn’t follow the whole tradition as I had nothing borrow but I wanted something blue but is not a must to have either. Is all up to you.

The something blue 1
  • Emily
    Super April 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    Mine are my shoes but I thought about getting a patch sewn into the lining of my dress.
  • Erin
    VIP December 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    You could wear blue shoes, or some blue jewelry or something.
  • K
    Beginner November 2019
    Keni ·
    • Flag
    I did blue panties Smiley smile
  • Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I'm wearing blue Chucks.

The something blue 2

• Elizabeth
    Savvy August 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

I'm going to have my toes painted blue.

• Julia
    Dedicated October 2020
    Julia ·
    • Flag
    My ering and wedding band have sapphires. I’m also using blue thistle in my bouquet. And I was gifted a small floral hair pin that has blue crystals in it. I will be able to tuck it in my hair but it won’t be seen.
  • Ingrid
    VIP October 2020
    Ingrid ·
    • Flag
    My something blue is my shoes

The something blue 3
  • L
    Devoted August 2019
    Leaves232 ·
    • Flag
    I did my toenails blue, even though I wore closed toe shoes!
  • Crystal
    Devoted October 2020
    Crystal ·
    • Flag
    I saw the was a perfume called “blue” (might be light blue). I’m going to check that out and wear that if I like it.
  • Sagan
    Super July 2017
    Sagan ·
    • Flag
    One of my BMs gifted me the September birthstone Alex and Ani as my something blue at my shower.
  • Rachel
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    I’m wearing blue shoes!
  • Alisia
    Savvy November 2020
    Alisia ·
    • Flag
    You could use a very light blue to paint your nails, I do like the idea of incorporating it into your bouquet somehow.
  • Michele
    Savvy June 2020
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    My bouquet will have blue flowers but I'm also getting a garter with a blue ribbon and I'm wearing opals that have specks of blue in them
  • Alexis
    Dedicated April 2021
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know right!
  • J
    Just Said Yes December 2019
    Jeanette ·
    • Flag

I am having a custom corset put in that is blue and will also be wearing blue converse.

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I love this idea, Yoice! I like the idea of some hidden detail like this!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics