Kristen
VIP October 2020

The something blue

Kristen, on November 9, 2019 at 10:41 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 2 38
Saved Save
Hello ladies. So I wanted to ask you all what suggestions do you have for incorporating the Something Blue on your wedding day? My dress is going to be in Ivory / champagne color and my veil as of right now is white but I think I'm going to exchange it for an ivory color to better match the dress. If I choose to get my own bouquet as opposed to the one that the elopement package at the resort provides the wedding colors I would love to have, especially because we will be getting married in the fall, would be burgundy and Peach. I'm wondering how I can in a sneaky way incorporate the something blue into the tradition of my wedding day. What are you ladies doing? What are your suggestions? Thank you so much!

38 Comments

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    You could do blue on your garter, undergarments, jewelry, or a ribbon around your bouquet.
  • Kristen
    VIP October 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ooooh those are great ideas. I love them! Thanks! 😊
  • Sherry
    Rockstar September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag
    My cousin who was also my MOH had me a handkerchief made and it was my something blue.

The something blue 1
  • Andrea
    Expert May 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    I have sapphires in my engagement ring that are also mimicked in my wedding band so I’m covered. But for my “something old” we decided I would cut part of my bridesmaid dress in my brothers wedding (his wife is now my MOH) and cut a piece of my moms dress from her sisters wedding where I was a little 2 year old flower girl) and make some type of patch to be sewn into my wedding dress. Those dresses are purple and green, but talk to your family and closest friends. Maybe there is a dress or a significant tie or something like that l, that you could cut a piece out of and had sewn into the inside of your dress. I LOVE the idea that my two favorite women will be represented in my dress. No one will be able to see it, but I’ll know it’s there and that means everything. AND covers something old
  • Erin
    Dedicated October 2019
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    I had a handkerchief from my grandma that had blue on it. My florist tucked it into my bouquet. It was perfect and also helped me to remember how to position the bouquet so the best part was facing the camera

The something blue 2
  • Megan
    Expert June 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I think my blue item will be a piece of jewelry like a bracelet.
  • Kristen
    VIP October 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Thanks for the ideas. I have something old which will probably be jewelery my mom owned. Sadly she passed but I don't have any wedding momentos as she divorced my dad when I was young. Not a ton of heirlooms lol. I like the idea of something hidden or even a bracelet or in the bouquet.
  • B
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    My SIL did a garter with a blue bow, I'm wearing light blue shoes, but also I saw on other social media have been paint the bottom of thier shoes blue!
  • B
    Just Said Yes March 2020
    Brittany ·
    • Flag
    Oh gosh, I meant *people have been painting the bottom of their shoes blue.
  • Erika
    Devoted April 2021
    Erika ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I like that idea of painting the bottom of the shoes. It will be great for pictures too.
  • G
    Savvy August 2020
    Gianna Online ·
    • Flag
    Betsy Johnson makes shoes with blue bottoms, so I plan to pick a pair of those to wear for my something blue
  • Hermione
    Devoted February 2020
    Hermione ·
    • Flag
    There is a lot of blue in my wedding....

- My e ring
    - my bouquet has blue hydrangeas
    - my cake (starry night)
    - possibly my garter
    -the bottom of my shoes (Something blue by Betsy Johnson flats)

• Samantha
    Devoted December 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    I struggled with the blue, but I found a light blue pandora ring to wear. It is so light that it isn’t overpowering and won’t clash with my colors (I don’t think anyone will notice it).
  • Kristen
    VIP October 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I am in loving these ideas. I wanna check out the shoes. Is the pandora ring expensive? Do you have a link?
  • Alexis
    Dedicated April 2020
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    My something blue will look like this!
  • Alexis
    Dedicated April 2020
    Alexis ·
    • Flag
    Whoops it didn’t post

The something blue 3
  • Samantha
    Devoted December 2019
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is the picture! I think it is $45 dollars right now. If you go to the “last chance” section on the Pandora website you will find it and several other blue ones (a few for around $35).

The something blue 4
  • Mrs. Sarantos
    Master November 2019
    Mrs. Sarantos ·
    • Flag
    I have blue on my garter and handkerchief
  • Kristen
    VIP October 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ooooh that's so cool! I love that. Would have never thought of it.
  • Hannah
    Beginner October 2020
    Hannah ·
    • Flag

My high school class ring was gifted to me by my aunt & uncle, in it are diamonds and sapphires. Sapphire is my birthstone. Since I never wear it I'm going to get the stones removed and turn it into sapphire stud earrings with diamond halo. There are so many things you could do! A lot of people don't want something blue that is visible so they sew something to the inside of their dress. See photo!

Something blue The something blue 5

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics