Kelley
Savvy February 2020

Tell me about your small Details???

Kelley, on November 27, 2019 at 11:24 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 20
Saved

I want to know what small details you're adding to your day? Things that mean so much to you that you want your guests to relish in? Attached is a picture of one of my favorite small details... our vintage stamps on our invitation suite that tells our story! Far left is Mt McKinley in Alaska, where we will go for our honeymoon... trees for the amount of hiking that we enjoy and what we did for our very first date.... South Carolina for my home state because we were both travel nurses and I eventually settled in his home state of Alabama (the next stamp)... and finally the fishing fly because on one of our many mountain trips, we learned to fly fish together and still keep this hobby up.... I am actually having our florist hide a fishing fly in his boutinere on wedding day!

@littlepostagehouse on IGTell me about your small Details??? 1

20 Comments

Latest activity by Aimee, on December 12, 2019 at 11:08 PM
  • Allison
    Devoted April 2020
    Allison ·
    • Flag
    This is amazing! I love this so much! Little details that tell a story are so, so special!
  • Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yesss girl! Thank you so much!

• Fenja
    VIP August 2021
    Fenja ·
    • Flag

This is so cute! And it looks amazing!!

• Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! Trying to find other ways to incorporate our story into the details. ❤️
  • Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

This is such a cute idea, Kelley! I love these little hidden details! Have you seen it somewhere before?

• Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I saw it a time or two here but then followed the hashtag #weddingstamps and stumbled upon the little postage house. It wasn’t until then that I realized that I could basically write my story with stamps! It’s definitely a costly detail, more than I anticipated BUT in my childhood, my grannie had a stamp collection that I remember being obsessed with. So this was an extra that I made a non negotiable detail.
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    That's really cute. Our small detail relates to our favorite show that we love to watch together (I got him hooked lol). We watched Criminal Minds all the time and every episode they open and close with a quote.

We decided to add a different quote on the back of each stationery or wedding related item that we make. Since it's a pretty dark show, we focused only on any of them that were loving/positive or inspirational.
  • Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is awesome! I love details that will keep your guests intrigued and looking for more of similar ones!
  • Jasmine
    Master August 2021
    Jasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you! I'm super excited!!

• N
    Dedicated July 2020
    N ·
    • Flag

I really love this idea. Is this on the main envelope, the RSVP card or just an extra card? If its the main, I assume there’s no actual issue with USPS?

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'm sure your guests will appreciate the effort Smiley smile Along with telling a story, it looks beautiful!

• Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    How interesting! Did you also explain the meaning of the stamps to your guests somewhere in the invitation suite?
  • Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s the main envelope! I determined how much postage would cost and that also factored into the suite for the total postage needed... it’s unused postage so it still works! No issues with USPS :-)
  • Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I did not, BUT I plan to make a small folding program with “hints to hunt for” based on the small details of our day... to give the guests a little light hearted sentence or two here and there prior to the actual wedding processional.
  • Sexypoodle
    Master October 2021
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That will be fun
  • Amanda
    Master December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Those are great! We did wax seals on ours Smiley smile
  • Aimee
    Super July 2021
    Aimee ·
    • Flag
    Our details will be in the food! Mixing soul food and Caribbean food. Of course music selection will also be a blend too. These are such pretty stamps.
  • Aimee
    Super July 2021
    Aimee ·
    • Flag
    I forgot to ask about the calligraphy on the envelopes, did you do them yourself?
  • Kelley
    Savvy February 2020
    Kelley ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I found a calligrapher in the city my wedding is and she did it. She was the most reasonable calligrapher I found and I was blown away by her serious talent. She only charged me $2/suite so $1/envelope... it’s classic nib and ink versus brushed pen... her instagram is @catsinklings
  • Aimee
    Super July 2021
    Aimee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks! It’s looks amazing, I’ll have to do a search

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics