julybride16
Super July 2011

Tall Centrepieces

julybride16, on March 23, 2011 at 1:40 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 14
Saved Save

Does anyone have any ideas for tall centrepieces? I have 24 inch cylinder vases and need ideas! Please help!

14 Comments

• Lacy
    Master October 2017
    Lacy ·
    • Flag

How about a big pomander ball of flowers atop each one with candles around the vase on the table?

• JJ
    VIP October 2011
    JJ ·
    • Flag

We're doing a single rose floating in each vase (not sure how tall) and maybe a floating candle on top

• Fonsetta
    Super July 2011
    Fonsetta ·
    • Flag

We are having tall trumpet vases with big flower balls on top and glass beads, lights and water in the vase.

• Cookie
    Super September 2012
    Cookie ·
    • Flag

How about white ostrich feathers. They look really elegant and I have looked into doing this an am still considering it.

• Mary
    Super July 2011
    Mary ·
    • Flag

Our florist is using flat "plates," arranging the long stems flowers in those, and then placing the finished arrangement on top of the tall, glass cylinders.

This idea, but we're having stems of red orchids and nothing in the vases.

• Ashley
    VIP September 2011
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

What about submerged orchids or some other excotic flower with a LED light at the bottom and a floating candle on top?

• K
    Master April 2012
    Kimi k. ·
    • Flag

I like the idea of s submerged flower if it's a really tall vase!

• Katterina
    VIP June 2011
    Katterina ·
    • Flag

I like FutureMrsMcCown's idea. Put a big pomander ball on top with a string of crystals hanging down to the bottom. On the bottom of the vase you can either use crystals with a submerged light or do the colored aqua gems.

• Dorelle Fishkin
    November 2019
    Dorelle Fishkin ·
    • Flag

If you are interested in this look we would love for you to check out our website. We can offer you the Cymbidium stem orchids, in any color or combination of colors at wholesale pricing of $250.00 for 10 stems. They generally have 10 flowers on each stem. There is never any charge for shipping, handling or delivery(within the USA) when buying your flowers from bridesnblooms.com

We would love the opportunity to help you in any way that we can.

Dorelle

• Carmen Guerrero
    November 2019
    Carmen Guerrero ·
    • Flag

Here is my creation. Unique and different. Maybe this could give you and idea if you want a dramatic look.

• Carmen Guerrero
    November 2019
    Carmen Guerrero ·
    • Flag

OMG your wedding falls on my birthday. Nice, Congrats.

• Amy
    Super August 2011
    Amy ·
    • Flag

What are those balls on top made of?

• J
    Beginner October 2011
    Julie ·
    • Flag

Where did you get your 24" vases? I've looked around but they're sometimes $25 per vase and I have at least 10 tables that will need centerpieces. We're thinking of doing the fresh flower arrangement, prepared in a plate that will be placed on the top of the trumpet vase. I'm just concerned about the weight and it toppling over. I still need to do some research on the mechanics of these tall centerpieces.

Comment on this discussion