Soon2BSmith
Expert October 2020

Streaming Wedding

Soon2BSmith, on July 13, 2020 at 9:52 PM Posted in Planning 2 4
Saved

My FH and I are interested in streaming our wedding for our guest that have compromised immune systems or just don't feel safe coming to the wedding.

We were looking into Wedfuly Zoom's package deal. I must say the Wedfuly packages sound very professional. Playing music for guest, making sure they are muted during appropriate times, providing troubleshooting for guest that may have difficulties, provide different camera angles. But it's $800. I'm not willing to pay that much. What are you guys doing for streaming your wedding? Are you letting a family member handle it? Are you just placing a phone on a tripod?

Ideas are greatly appreciated.

4 Comments

Latest activity by Caitlin, on July 14, 2020 at 11:22 AM
  • Kristen
    Master November 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag

I would not pay that much but I would not ask a family member to work that day. Have you considered a cell phone and a tripod or something?

• Carissa
    Savvy October 2020
    Carissa ·
    • Flag
    I'm looking into the Zoom option myself, however, I feel like that price feels a tad (or completely) exploitative and I wouldn't pay it! I would honestly just stick a phone on a tripod and go over Zoom etiquette with the family members utilizing it so your not interrupted.
  • Erin
    Expert August 2020
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    I’ve heard of people using YouTube live and zoom. I would never pay that much. There’s an option to keep everyone muted on zoom. I would have it that way and place it on a tripod so family members can be there in the moment with you instead of having the pressure of live streaming it.
  • Caitlin
    Beginner September 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag

I didn't want to spend any money that we didn't budget for on this, so I decided to create a private facebook group and then will have someone attending (probably a family member) do a Facebook Live in the private group for anyone not able to attend. I will have a tripod and do our best - at this point I don't think anyone expects anything fancy, I just want to be sure they can experience the ceremony somehow if they do not feel safe or are not able to travel to the wedding. People can comment on it and I can always go back later and watch it to see the comments!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics