M
Just Said Yes September 2018

Spring or fall wedding

Melissa, on October 10, 2017 at 5:26 PM Posted in Planning 0 17
Saved

Soooo...our preacher who is family could not officiate on our original date...so wondering when is best to have a wedding...spring or fall? Summer?

17 Comments

Latest activity by Cassidy, on October 12, 2017 at 11:34 PM
  • Elizabeth
    Expert May 2018
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

I honestly think what determines the "best" time to have a wedding is when 1) You can afford it 2) You agree upon it, and 3) The venue/vendors you like have availability.

-Winter weddings are the most cost effective but you have to factor in holidays and inclement weather

-Spring is a popular time of year which usually drives prices up but weather, rain in certain areas could be a factor, but it stays lighter out longer and trees/flowers/plants are in bloom which make for a beautiful setting and pictures

-Summer is hot, guests might have vacation plans already

-Fall is beautiful with the leaves changing, weather is cooler, potential for rain or snow in areas, can also be an expensive time of year for weddings due to popularity

• MDEasternShoreBride
    VIP October 2017
    MDEasternShoreBride ·
    • Flag

Fall. Hands down.

Lol.

• Alicia
    Devoted April 2018
    Alicia ·
    • Flag

Well according to an article I read the modern cost effective dates are October to April if not during a holiday weekend/season. Most people like the summer and fall so costs are a little higher from May to late September.

I like the colors that come with spring. That is why I chose April. What time of year you like should help narrow down your decision.

• PandaInLove
    Expert August 2017
    PandaInLove ·
    • Flag

Spring works well, but I would prefer autumn over spring for a wedding.

• Sharon
    Dedicated October 2017
    Sharon ·
    • Flag

Fall for sure!!!! We booked our date just after the peak season so we got a discount Smiley smile

• RoseBride
    Savvy October 2018
    RoseBride ·
    • Flag

I think a lot of the decision has to do with what style of wedding you are going for. Ours will have a historic, medieval look and therefore Fall is the perfect season!

• Courtney
    Just Said Yes June 2018
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I prefer Spring when everything is blooming

• Leila
    Super October 2017
    Leila ·
    • Flag

What kind of question is this ?

• Boinkin
    Devoted April 2018
    Boinkin ·
    • Flag

I wanted fall but ended up in spring, and I feel like it's less popular but still beautiful because the flowers are blooming and the air is crisp with the sound of birds migrating back. heeh

• Tiffany
    Savvy May 2018
    Tiffany ·
    • Flag

Where do you live? That would dictate for me... where I live fall and spring are both beautiful. But if you live in Arizona fall maybe different than upstate New York!

• M
    Just Said Yes September 2018
    Melissa ·
    • Flag

Southern Missouri

• Andie
    Super August 2018
    Andie ·
    • Flag

Spring. Fall could happen on a football weekend and all my friends and family watch college football

• Karie
    VIP October 2017
    Karie ·
    • Flag

Fall is the best! But I am a little biased because I am getting married in 2 days haha

• LanaKane
    Super November 2017
    LanaKane ·
    • Flag

I think it depends on where you live. Being from the Northeast, I absolutely LOVE fall. The weather is nice and crisp and much more predictable then spring. I would not recommend a summer wedding unless it's completely indoors.

• S
    Just Said Yes October 2018
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

Fall is my favorite so we are getting married next Fall. I'd say Fall and Spring. Spring is beautiful but can be pretty warm depending on what month you pick. It depends if you're in the South too.. always hot here......

• CaboBride2018
    VIP May 2018
    CaboBride2018 ·
    • Flag

Fall weddings have become a big trend and the most popular wedding dates for the last couple years were in October. Because of that, you may have more competition for vendors in the fall

• Cassidy
    VIP October 2017
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag

LanaKane is right on the money. We chose this fall in about 8 days because the weather can be cold and unpredictable in spring. It can be in fall too, but it's cooling off rather than waiting for it to warm up. And it's usually more pleasant in the fall

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics