Natalie
Dedicated June 2014

Song Request on an RSVP card

Natalie, on January 6, 2014 at 7:43 PM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save

I want to put an option for our guests to request a song on our RSVP card to play at our reception....Is that tacky? If not, does anyone have a clever way of wording it?

Thanks friends!

13 Comments

• F
    VIP May 2014
    FutureMrs.Combs ·

I don't think it's tacky, guests would probably enjoy it because it's a fun thought. I would just say, "We would love to incorporate everyone's tastes and styles in our wedding through music. Please write a song and it's artists on your RSVP card if you would like us to play a specific song."

• KarenM
    Master November 2014
    KarenM ·

What a great idea!

• Heather M.
    Devoted November 2014
    Heather M. ·

I plan on doing the same! Saw the idea on Pinterest. We are having a small wedding 60 guests. I think it's perfect makes them feel a part of it.

• Raven*
    VIP June 2014
    Raven* ·

I like it!

maybe adding, "What song will get you on the dance floor?____________________"

or something like that in shorter form.

• Melissa
    Beginner March 2014
    Melissa ·

I put "I will dance if you play ______________________" on our RSVP's

• J
    Beginner June 2014
    Jill ·

I did it too! I wrote:

We Are Taking Requests!

Song title:

Artist:

• Gamecock Mrs.
    Master October 2014
    Gamecock Mrs. ·

Kristen made business cards separate from her RSVPs. She posted it on my thread from earlier about free business cards from VP. I thought that was a cool and more efficient way to do it.

• Theresa Beale
    Master November 2014
    Theresa Beale ·

I like all those ideas, I just wanted to chime in playing devil's advocate. What will you do if people request songs you really dislike? If I were asked for a song request on a RSVP card, I would assume the song was going to be played and would be disappointed if it were not played.

• K + B
    VIP September 2014
    K + B ·

I'm doing this. I saw it on Pintrest and I loved the idea. I'm planning to play every song that is requested and give a shout out to the ones who requested it. If it's a song I don't like, I will ask the DJ to mix it with other songs and don't play the whole thing

• TheNewMrsJ
    Super August 2013
    TheNewMrsJ ·

I received SO MANY compliments on ours. People had a lot of fun doing it. We added it to our RSVP because my DH and I are very different. My entire family is White, his is Black...many different demographics there and we wanted to make sure everyone had a great time. So why not take suggestions... :-) BUT...I will say this...our entire wedding including Invitations were very untraditional and I really didn't care what others had to say...so if this is a more "traditional" wedding, maybe I'm the wrong person to ask.

• Jordan
    Expert November 2013
    Jordan ·

I did it! And people loved it. Some didn't know what to do but it was so fun seeing what everyone put! I wrote on the response card " song I promise to dance to ------"

• MrsR314
    Devoted September 2018
    MrsR314 ·

I love the idea of putting it on the RSVPs!!! We are incorporating it into our wedding website in case people forgot to send back the RSVPs haha

• Brett ·
    Complicated by Avril Lavigne

Comment on this discussion