J
Beginner May 2022

Simple Wedding

Jourdyn, on July 27, 2020 at 10:27 PM Posted in Planning 0 7
Saved
Hi There!

We are planning for a smaller wedding (80-100) next May.
We were hoping to have a ceremony, possible social hour, dinner & cake! We aren’t super set on dancing at this point as it is both of our 2nd weddings. We really just wanted to celebrate and hang with our friends and family as well as not take up 8+ hours of people’s day.
Thoughts on wording? Is it tacky to not having a DJ?

7 Comments

Latest activity by Margaret, on July 30, 2020 at 6:47 AM
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    It’s not tacky to skip the dj! I don’t think your wording would be any different as any other wedding invite based on the sounds of it
  • mrswinteriscoming
    Rockstar December 2021
    mrswinteriscoming ·
    • Flag

Agree with Melle, wording would be exactly as normal. There is no obligation to have dancing at a wedding so you definitely don't need to do anything to specify that it won't be there!

Personally I am not a fan of DJs at the best of times, but you can definitely go without. Although some background music wouldn't go astray just to provide some white noise, but this is optional.

• J
    Beginner May 2022
    Jourdyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!! We would definitely have music, but kinda think a DJ seems like a lot for what we are envisioning.
  • J
    Beginner May 2022
    Jourdyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!! I know we should do what we want to, since it’s our day... but still a little anxiety around it.
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag

As someone who has definitely planned a simple wedding I can tell you I think that's being kind and courteous to guests. We've planned for a sunrise wedding followed by a brunch reception. Our timeline starts at 7:00 a.m. and ends by 11:30 a.m. - We have invited our guests to join us for dinner the night before as well as beach time after the wedding.

• J
    Beginner May 2022
    Jourdyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you, I appreciate this!

I absolutely love the idea you have! It truly sounds lovely. I can’t wait to see updates, if you share!
  • Margaret
    Master October 2020
    Margaret ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

71 days and Counting

well 72 days, 31 minutes and now about 15 seconds....

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics