Nicole
Master September 2020

Silver Linings: DIY Edition

Nicole, on April 6, 2020 at 4:17 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 69

I know so many of us aren’t thrilled to be stuck at home when it means missing out on so many in-person events (wedding related or not). However, with some of this extra time on our hands, what have you been up to DIYing for your wedding? I was able to crank through addressing all my envelopes for...
I know so many of us aren’t thrilled to be stuck at home when it means missing out on so many in-person events (wedding related or not). However, with some of this extra time on our hands, what have you been up to DIYing for your wedding? I was able to crank through addressing all my envelopes for my invites! A labor of love, but it was finished in fewer days than it would have if I weren’t teaching from home! What are some of your DIY projects you’re working on?cfb_1385801.jpgcfb_1385805.jpg

cfb_1385803.jpg

69 Comments

• Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

Ah, yes. But important to document, none the less.

• Taylor
    Dedicated June 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag
    Those look amazing! Is that a personalized stamp? We got one of those from Etsy.

I love scrapbooking, so I’ve been working on our scrapbook all about the dating and engaged stages of our relationship! We’re going to put it on display next to our guestbook at our reception.
    We’ve also been using this time to clean out the basement and get donations ready for when donation centers open again. We’re making room so I can move in my things a little at a time!
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

On the back of the envelopes? No, I had my Cricut write those as well. It's the perfect time to get some cleaning done! We're actually in the very end stages of getting a duplex, so I'm using this time to start sorting through things I want to keep and things I want to sell/donate as well! My lease doesn't end in my townhome until June, so it'll be nice to move in to the new place slowly!

• Prima
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Prima ·
    • Flag
    Silver Linings: DIY Edition 1

I did all 200 of my wedding invitations. Surely gave me something to do during this lockdown period.
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Very nice! Always good to be able to check off the larger projects!

• Mckenna
    Beginner September 2022
    Mckenna ·
    • Flag
    Those are gorgeous! Trying to decide if (when the time comes) I should use my Cricut to write out the envelopes or just print them,either with labels or right onto the envelope, how long did it take you to do those?
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It was definitely a labor of love! If you have the time and patience, I'd say give it a go! If you're time crunched or aren't one for fairly monotonous work, I'd go the printing route. We had 92 envelopes to do in all. It took me about 10 days to do the return address on the back flap (doing about 10 per day, approximately an hour or so each day) and then probably 16ish hours for the envelopes themselves? Hard to estimate as I started the project in December and would do a few here and few there until last week when I finally just powered through the remaining 60 or so that I had to do.

• Mckenna
    Beginner September 2022
    Mckenna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

What fonts did you use?

• Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Silver Linings: DIY Edition 2
    This was Mathanifo Script and Botanicals. Mathanifo is a cutting font, so I had to fill it in by hand a bit.
    Silver Linings: DIY Edition 3
    This was Melinda Script and Four Seasons. Melinda is also a cutting font, so I had to color that one as well.
    Silver Linings: DIY Edition 4This was Hopeless Romantic and Cinzel. Cinzel is a cutting font, but since it was so small, it looked filled in.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics