Nicole
Master September 2020

Silver Linings: DIY Edition

Nicole, on April 6, 2020 at 4:17 PM

Posted in Do It Yourself 69

I know so many of us aren’t thrilled to be stuck at home when it means missing out on so many in-person events (wedding related or not). However, with some of this extra time on our hands, what have you been up to DIYing for your wedding? I was able to crank through addressing all my envelopes for...
I know so many of us aren’t thrilled to be stuck at home when it means missing out on so many in-person events (wedding related or not). However, with some of this extra time on our hands, what have you been up to DIYing for your wedding? I was able to crank through addressing all my envelopes for my invites! A labor of love, but it was finished in fewer days than it would have if I weren’t teaching from home! What are some of your DIY projects you’re working on?cfb_1385801.jpgcfb_1385805.jpg

cfb_1385803.jpg

69 Comments

• Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What a fun idea! A great way to document this unprecedented time for posterity!
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Those look great, Carlette! Brava! 👏🏻
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    A good list! I finished basically all my signage prior to the quarantine, so I’m running out of projects to complete. Those envelopes were my last big project until we can do our seating chart in June. What signage inspiration are you using? Wood, mirror, acrylic, chalkboard, something else entirely?
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That looks wonderful, Sharonda! How are you planning on setting up your hoop centerpieces?
  • Sharonda
    Rockstar January 2021
    Sharonda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you! I’m planning on having garland with flowers (burgundy, navy and cream) cascading on one the side of the hoop. If you think of the hoop like a clock, the floral arrangement will be between 12 and 4 (or 8 and 12 depending on which way you are looking at the hoop) and votive candles will be placed around the base.
  • Nikki
    Devoted April 2021
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We’ll end up doing a mix on the signage Smiley smile Gold frames and an antique mirror backing with vinyl over top. For the table numbers we’ll probably also add a palm leaf with the vinyl. Hoping to get a nice doodle for our two dogs so we can use them for our signature drink sign 😊

Do you love your Cricut? I thought about getting one, but can’t justify the cost and time spent trying to figure out how to use it
  • Laura
    Rockstar September 2020
    Laura ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!! Smiley heart
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That sounds so pretty! How will you attach the hoop so it stands up?
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I LOOOOOOVE my Cricut. I got it back in 2018 and have used it for so many projects (my wedding, sister’s wedding, coworker’s wedding and work shower, miscellaneous holiday projects, etc), so the cost was definitely justified. It really wasn’t too hard to learn if you’re fairly techie and willing to jump in and try things. Since you mentioned gold mirror signs, here are the ones I’ve finished so far!
    Silver Linings: DIY Edition 1
    Silver Linings: DIY Edition 2
    Silver Linings: DIY Edition 3

Silver Linings: DIY Edition 4

• Sharonda
    Rockstar January 2021
    Sharonda ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I found gold hoops that come with on stand on Amazon and Ali Express. They were expensive, but I figured it was better than trying to find the right hoops — Size, width, material, etc. (which was hard to find), paint them and attach them to a base.
    Silver Linings: DIY Edition 5

• Renee
    Super June 2020
    Renee ·
    • Flag

Great job! I'm sure you feel accomplished! I'm trying to figure how I am going to get some lumbar to my house so we can start constructing our arches. We both are working from home now and decided that we have time to make them instead of purchasing it.

• Fenja
    VIP August 2021
    Fenja ·
    • Flag

Oh wow these are gorgeous! Love the mirrors also. So pretty!

• Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag

These look amazing!

Our wedding isn't until October, we aren't doing much DIY and what's left has to wait until we get closer. We've already added decals to Starbucks cups. Then we'll have to add a decal to our welcome mirror sign, print the other small signs and put in the frames, assemble the invitation suits and add a wax seal and then packing our favors.

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

These are super cute!

• AliceandHenry90
    Savvy May 2021
    AliceandHenry90 ·
    • Flag

These are SO cute! Ugh i love your writing and creativeness!

• Anna
    VIP October 2020
    Anna ·
    • Flag

Those are gorgeous!

• Olivia
    Dedicated December 2022
    Olivia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I got some cute water bottles and I am putting their names on it with vinyl! Super cheap but adorable.

• Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

That's awesome! You'll have to come back and update us with the finished product when you finish!

• Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Do you have a Home Depot or Lowes near you? I know the ones near us are still open.

• Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, Fenja!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics