Skip to main content
Liz
Dedicated September 2019

Sick before the wedding

Liz, on September 25, 2019 at 7:35 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 1 17
Saved

Urgh I am 3 days away from the wedding and I think I have a cold. I started having a sore throat last Thursday after going to Dave and Busters but I thought maybe it was allergies since the weather has been changing here in California and I am a bit sensitive to weather changes. But its been almost a week since and I feel like I have been feeling more tired and been having on and off runny/stuffy nose. I been using a neti pot to flush my nose the past 2 days and took theraflu starting last night.

Any other suggestions of remedies. I know rest is one but lets be real, with a wedding so soon who has time to sleep lol!

17 Comments

Latest activity by Amanduh, on September 26, 2019 at 11:48 AM
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Load up on vitamins, girl !
  • Liz
    Dedicated September 2019
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah I been taking vitamin c supplements and been using the halls defense vitamin c drops. Not sure if it's working yet lol.

• Suzie
    Super October 2021
    Suzie ·
    • Flag

Zinc is where it’s at! Take some otc zinc vitamins and/or zinc drops, it helps shorten the duration of a cold once it starts. And of course, plenty of water and lots of rest!

• Suzie
    Super October 2021
    Suzie ·
    • Flag

Hot tea with ginger can help as well!

• Mallory
    Beginner October 2020
    Mallory ·
    • Flag
    Sounds weird but putting vicks under the nose and on bottom of feet works.
  • Maricarmen
    Expert September 2019
    Maricarmen ·
    • Flag
    Advil cold and sinus! It works wonders. The week of my wedding I began to get sick and that seriously made me feel way better! Hope you get well soon
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

Ginger everything! Ginger tea (make it with fresh ginger if you can!), and ginger shots that you can generally get at health foods stores or juice bars if there are any near you.

Also if you've had a sore throat for over a week maybe time to go to the doctor in case it's strep! If it is you can be on antibiotics and you should feel better in 24 hours so I'd go ASAP!

• Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    • Flag
    Sauna
    Tons of water
    Echinacea
    EmegancE
    Ziacam vitamin c dissolving tablet or alca seltzer dissolving cold and flu tablets

Weer a bunch of players to sweat it out in your sleep. Take a sleep aid if need be
  • Liz
    Dedicated September 2019
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Lol I heard about the nose part but not feet.
  • Liz
    Dedicated September 2019
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No sore throat yet just runny nose and feeling a bit tired and weak. I will try the ginger tea
  • Mallory
    Beginner October 2020
    Mallory ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I know it's weird. But it helped me out when I was sick. And I read somewhere about cutting a lemon and letting it sit over night does something to toxins in the air.
  • H
    Devoted November 2019
    Heather ·
    • Flag
    Gargle with really warm salads water
    The nettie post are great. I do it every day. However, this close to the wedding I would go to the dr if you haven't already. Have someone else run your errands and just rest, drink fluids, and all of the supplements that everyone mentioned. Dont forget to eat. You might be still feeling it a little on wedding day but you should be ok. You could take sudafed (good stuff behind the counter) on the wedding day to dry you up and wake you up. Hopefully you wont need it.
  • K
    Dedicated October 2019
    Katherine ·
    • Flag
    I’d also try an allergy pill on the off chance you’re allergic to something blooming.

but mostly just fluids and rest.
  • K
    Expert September 2019
    K.glass ·
    • Flag
    Cinnamon and honey
  • Kat
    Expert May 2019
    Kat ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Agree with zinc! There are these lozenges called Cold-Eeze made with zinc, and they always work wonders in making my cold shorter and less severe. Also spicy food to clear out your sinuses! I eat jalepenos straight out of the jar when I’m getting sick haha
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

Clean your bathroom, wash your sheets, change out your bathroom towel. Disinfect your phone, wash out your water bottle & coffee mug. Wash your hands several times a day, use hand sanitizer. Drink a TON of water, and take emergenC. Get lots of sleep, drink water, eat healthy, take vitamins to help your immune system. If you think it's something like the flu, ear infection, sinus infection, etc. then get to a doctor ASAP.

• Amanduh
    Devoted January 2019
    Amanduh ·
    • Flag

Vitamins and Immune support medicines like Airborne.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics