Skip to main content
Jennifer
Savvy August 2020

Share something positive in this thread!!

Jennifer, on March 15, 2020 at 10:54 PM

Posted in Community Conversations 58

Like everyone else, I’m beyond worried and stressed over the thought of my wedding being ruined by this damn virus. I pray that it ends soon so we can all get back to normal. Because I’m feeling so overwhelmed and come here to get comfort in knowing others are in the same boat as me, I wanted to...
Like everyone else, I’m beyond worried and stressed over the thought of my wedding being ruined by this damn virus. I pray that it ends soon so we can all get back to normal.

Because I’m feeling so overwhelmed and come here to get comfort in knowing others are in the same boat as me, I wanted to start a thread to share positivity.
If anyone has ANYTHING positive to share- whether it’s hopeful news about this, something good that happened to you, etc. please share. ❤️

58 Comments

• Mallory
    Beginner May 2020
    Mallory ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have 52 more days and GIRL YES all the positive vibes your way!!

• Jasie
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jasie ·
    • Flag
    I've been so stressed with planning, but having so much extra time has actually helped with that haha. 😂 I'm getting married on September 19th, which is our 2 year anniversary. Smiley smile
  • Kara4533
    Savvy May 2020
    Kara4533 ·
    • Flag

POSITIVE VIBES ONLY..... I'm scheduled to get married on May 23rd. All vendors are optimistic. I have my first dress fitting tomorrow and I'm beyond excited. We have 165 on our guest list so trimming down to under 100 may be hard but we will do it. You are going to be a beautiful bride and everything will work out fine.

• Heather
    Just Said Yes June 2018
    Heather ·
    • Flag

Hey, lovely brides & grooms! With the world's most troubling epidemic among us, I know A LOT of you are feeling anxious, worried & hopeless, as if everything is completely out of your hands at this moment. & the reality of the situation is: it is. However, how you chose to react to it is within your control. My husband & I have been married now for just over 1.5 years & my favorite part of our wedding was planning it. From the decor to the smallest details, everything meant so much to my mom & I as we navigated the 'unknown' of wedding planning. We were our own 'wedding planners' and almost every detail was D.I.Y. Now, I mention this because I know exactly where you are in the planning process; some find it exciting while others find it tedious and exhausting. Yet, the process is what you make of it. If you need to reschedule your wedding a year from now to make it everything you wanted it to be, then do it. If you have to change the date from a Saturday to a Sunday, then do it (it's just a date & a day of the week). I remember feeling super bummed when we didn't get the original date we had planned on. However, someone must have been looking out for us as the original date had gotten rained out & our day was filled with blue skies & sunshine Smiley smile To all you brides & grooms out there: I promise, it's all going to work out. Maybe not on the date or venue you initially picked but it will work out. Have faith, be flexible & remember it's only one day but a lifetime together. Always here as an experienced bride & listening ear Smiley smile

• N
    Dedicated July 2020
    N ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I get it. Ours would have been April 11th. I actually thought we would be in the same position, I read and read my contract and was telling everyone this wasn’t covered and we were SOL. My FH finally convinced me to just ask the venue. Venue (and every other vendor) agreed and gave me the pick of any other dates they are available.

Mine was in SC on the beach and while I doubt they will close, seeing the flack that Florida is getting right now for not closing makes me nervous. So just a thought, simply ask so you have a back-up plan for the next week if things do start getting closed for longer than 15 days. It also helps that right now all your guests if they did have to travel are getting cancel fees covered. So that was also a consideration for us.

• Samantha
    Just Said Yes April 2020
    Samantha ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Yeah, as it's changing day by day, I'm sure we will end up postponing. I just had this date built up in my head, we've received beautiful handmade gifts with our wedding date on it...and I can't imagine living through the "normal" level of bridal anxiety all over again. I'm honestly beside myself - I have cried on and off for the past three days because I'm so distraught. I don't want to settle, but I just don't know what to do. I guess I will have to start emailing vendors to see what is feasible. I also thought about still getting legally married on April 4th and postponing the "wedding" until a date where all my vendors are available.

I'm sorry you're going through this as well. When date did you end up rescheduling to?
  • Cindy
    Savvy May 2020
    Cindy ·
    • Flag
    I was stressing out because we haven't gotten our marriage license yet and all the ccounty court houses around us are shutting down. Our county was still opened today but didn't know how long that would last. FH wasn't sure he would be able to get off work in time to get it. I know the wedding isn't until May 2 but the president said this could last until July or August. I just knew we wouldn't be able to get married. But then FH called me about 2:30 said he was done and on his way! We got our marriage license. I am hoping we can have our wedding but if it comes down to it we can still get married even if it's just us, our kids and grandkids and the preacher. 💕
  • Alejandra
    Super November 2021
    Alejandra ·
    • Flag
    We are closing on our house tomorrow! Smiley smile it’s our first house together after living together in apartments and renting my mom’s house. By this time tomorrow we’ll be homeowners!
  • Shamika
    Savvy September 2020
    Shamika ·
    • Flag
    I started a small business this month to help raise money for the wedding and it's been working out fairly well. My fiance has been more engaged with promoting the business and testing the products then he was with the actual wedding planning. In a weird way, the virus is benefitting my home and relationship.
  • Danielle
    Expert May 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    My mom and I were speaking and my fh and I are totally paying for everything ourselves buuuut my mommy said she'd buy the cake n cupcakes. We're definitely here for that 😂
  • Jennifer
    Savvy August 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Love the positivity!! ❤️❤️ Have fun at your dress fitting today! Don’t let anything ruin your special moment 😊
  • Jennifer
    Savvy August 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How sweet! What flavor? 😛😛
  • Jennifer
    Savvy August 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼 I agree this togetherness 24/7 is quite a strong way to start off a marriage!
  • Danielle
    Expert May 2021
    Danielle ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We've asked for lemon cake with raspberry filling and buttercream icing. For the cupcakes I'll let her pick. Universal but very springy flavors.
  • C
    Dedicated September 2019
    Cardioqueen ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We had two cake flavors and one was exactly what you’re having — great choice!!
  • L
    Devoted August 2020
    Lauren ·
    • Flag
    FH has been trying to get a job in CT for a little over 2 years. It's been tough because he cant just take a low paying job because we have bills. So hes been in NY during the week where he's from and home on the weekends. We've been long distance our entire relationship, the closest we've been was when we met in colleges a short train ride away from one another. Anywho. He has a 2nd interview Saturday! Nothing amazing but a job that pays what he needs and in CT! One of my biggest fears has been he won't be permanently home before we get married. 🤞🤞🤞🤞 fingers crossed he gets it!
  • Lindsey
    Savvy December 2020
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag
    Just a reminder that nothing happens on accident! Even in the midst of hard times, you are exactly where you are meant to be. Everything will work out in perfect timing! ❤️
  • Amanda
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag

The weather here in Northern Virginia is beautiful!! I have seen all of my neighbors outside taking walks with their families, kids playing outside on bikes/scooter's and more outdoor runners. Honestly, it's been nice having everyone around and outside again, it's like the old days. The day's are getting warmer, the sun is getting stronger and soon we will all be outside sipping on our favorite beverages in the sunshine complaining about the heat. Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics