Lenaya
Dedicated January 2020

seattle Brides!

Lenaya, on February 21, 2019 at 3:00 PM Posted in Washington Planning 0 22
Saved Save

Is there anyone getting married in Seattle? We are getting married at WithinSodo on January 26, 2020! I am excited about this venue because it's an industrial chic vibe and it's brick and beautiful. Our colors are navy, gold and hints of burgundy. Where are you all planning to do pictures before your ceremony? Any caterers you're booking that you want to recommend? Tell me all about your day!

22 Comments

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie
    • Flag

Hi Lenaya!! Less than a year to go for you!! Woohoo!! Smiley ring I bet other Seattle-ers (Seattleions? What do you call someone from Seattle?) will swing by shortly! Do you have an idea of what sort of food you'd like at your wedding?

• V
    Just Said Yes June 2019
    Vita
    • Flag
    If you have a nice photographer, he will know good places to take pictures at! Try blooming season at UW for the cherry blossoms for either engagement shoot OR wedding pictures!
  • A
    Dedicated May 2019
    Autumn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Seattleites. 馃榿
  • A
    Dedicated May 2019
    Autumn
    • Flag
    We're getting married at the historical Thornewood castle (surprisingly less expensive than you'd expect).
    I cannot recommend Lora's La Garmache enough. Patient, really tasty food, confident in their ability but not arrogant (be careful of Snuffin's on this note), and very reasonably priced! Not to mention open to special requests!
  • Lenaya
    Dedicated January 2020
    Lenaya
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We like the idea of different stations like sliders or tacos and are open to a food truck! we're just exploring all of our options at this point to determine which would be best for our budget. it's going to take some time but since its where most of our money is going its important we get it right! it's starting to get a little overwhelming!

• Lenaya
    Dedicated January 2020
    Lenaya
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Haha i like it!!

• Lenaya
    Dedicated January 2020
    Lenaya
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I know some people who got married there and it has always been seemingly expensive but i'm glad you're able to get it at an affordable rate! i'll look into your caterer because i'm all about "reasonably priced"!!

• A
    Dedicated May 2019
    Autumn
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    And it really tastes so good!
  • Yu-Mi
    Just Said Yes May 2019
    Yu-Mi
    • Flag

Hey Lenaya!!! I am getting married in June and I am still looking for a florist and hoping to get lucky on getting details. The catering crew we went with was is Ruro (Slavic) caterers due to my fiance culture.

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Seattleites! I was kind of close! Thanks Autumn!

• Cindy
    Just Said Yes September 2019
    Cindy
    • Flag

Hi there, anyone have a Seattle/Portland based photographer that you would recommend? We're looking to do engagement and wedding photos. Wedding in September 2019. Thank you!

Cindy

• Lenaya
    Dedicated January 2020
    Lenaya
    • Flag
    Nickel jane photography! her name is amber and she does a great job!
  • V
    Just Said Yes June 2019
    Vita
    • Flag
    Look up 鈥淭aras Illchuk Photography鈥 on Instagram
  • FutureMrsBeeson
    Dedicated September 2019
    FutureMrsBeeson
    • Flag

We live in Seattle and are getting married on Whidbey Island at Fireseed Catering in September 2019! It's the most beautiful garden venue I've ever seen and I. Can't. Wait.

Vendors:

Caterer/Venue: Fireseed Catering - Langley, WA

Florist: Floral Noir - Redmond, WA

Photographer: Sarah Gonia - Olympia, WA

DJ: Justin Murta - Snohomish, WA

Make-Up: Bethany Yackel - Lynnwood, WA

Hair: Hair by Alise - Seattle, WA

• M
    Just Said Yes August 2019
    Maya
    • Flag
    Getting married in August 2019! How on earth do you pick a good DJ out?!
  • Lenaya
    Dedicated January 2020
    Lenaya
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yay congratulations! my best friend does flowers so I got lucky with that part but we're still searching for catering. I'm glad you got that out of the way! its hard not to get overwhelmed when looking for one!

• Lenaya
    Dedicated January 2020
    Lenaya
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I have no idea but I am hoping we can find one too. I am getting married next January and hope to have everyone secured by summertime so I can go into the end of the year and holiday season with nothing to plan. I think you should just research local DJs and go with how the in-person vibe is and their willingness to listen to what YOU want instead of what THEY want! at least that is the advice I've been given!

• Mariah
    Savvy May 2019
    Mariah
    • Flag

While we are from the Seattle area, we are actually getting hitched on the Wa coast. we are going to have a beach side bonfire reception. We both wanted something low key, relaxed and fun. we will elope before hand, and then party at a campground all weekend (the actual reception is only 1 day, but we have several sites reserved all weekend Smiley smile

• Lenaya
    Dedicated January 2020
    Lenaya
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I love that idea! so are you planning a summer elopement and reception?
  • Mariah
    Savvy May 2019
    Mariah
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We are planning on eloping with just us, then a reception with everyone on the beach Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion